|Chris Hemsworth Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1983|
Chris Hemsworth is an Australian actor, producer, and voiceover artist who has gained international acclaim by playing the role of Thor in Marvel Cinematic Universe films. In addition to that, he has also been cast in shows and movies such as Home and Away, Men in Black: International, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Bad Times at the El Royale, 12 Strong, and In the Heart of the Sea.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
Chris attended Heathmont College in Victoria, Australia.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Craig Hemsworth (Social-Services Counselor)
- Mother – Leonie (née van Os) (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Luke Hemsworth (Older Brother) (Actor), Liam Hemsworth (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Keith Hemsworth (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Priscilla Outen (Paternal Grandmother), Martin van Os (Maternal Grandfather), Rosemarie Therese O’Sullivan (Maternal Grandmother), Joanne van Os (Maternal Aunt) (Author of Memoir, Children’s and Adult Fiction)
He has been represented by these agencies –
- Roar, LLC
- Thematic Entertainment, Production Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Mark Morrissey and Associates, Artist Management Company, Rosebery, New South Wales, Australia
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
91 kg or 201 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Isabel Lucas (2005-2008) – Hemsworth dated Australian soap opera Home and Away actress and co-star, Isabel Lucas from 2005 until 2008.
- Elsa Pataky (2010-Present) – Chris then started dating Spanish actress Elsa Pataky in July 2010. They first met via their mutual representatives. The duo married on December 26, 2010. They were blessed with their first child, a daughter named India Rose, on May 11, 2012. Later, the duo welcomed twin sons Tristan and Sasha Hemsworth on March 18, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch, Irish, English, German, and Scottish roots.
- Tall frame
- Deep resonant voice
- Muscular build
Foxtel (2012), TAG Heuer (2020)
Hemsworth is a spiritual person. In an interview, he revealed that he draws his inspiration from Buddha.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Thor in the Marvel Studios films Thor (2011) and The Avengers (2012). In 2004, he also portrayed himself as Kim Hyde in the Australian TV series Home and Away.
2009 American science fiction action film Star Trek for his role as George Samuel Kirk, Sr.
First TV Show
Chris appeared in 2 episodes in the Canadian / Australian fantasy television series Guinevere Jones as King Arthur in 2002.
Chris appointed Michael Knight as a personal trainer to transform his body into Thor. He did a very intensive workout for 5 days a week for up to 90 minutes a day. His training mostly revolved around boxing, Muay Thai, and cardio.
In general, he works out with a long-time trainer, Luke Zocchi.
Chris Hemsworth Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Childhood Books – The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings
Source – IBtimes.com, DailyMail UK
Chris Hemsworth Facts
- In his family, he has one younger brother and one older.
- He appeared as a contestant on the 5th season of Dancing with the Stars in 2006 and wrapped up his journey by getting placed in the 5th position.
- In 2011, Chris gave his voice to the video game “Thor: God of Thunder”. He has also done voiceover work in other video games like Lego Dimensions and Ghostbusters.
- He is good friends with Tom Hiddleston (the one who played Loki in The Avengers), Sam Perry, Sienna Miller, and Chris Evans.
- He learned acting and American English from “Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors”. He has undergone extensive training to learn the American accent for Hollywood movies.
- Chris opted for the acting (or show) business because he thought it was fun.
- He had put on 20 pounds for the role of Thor.
- In 2011, Hemsworth was named as one of Cosmopolitan’s Fun and Fearless men.
- He was named the “S*xiest Man Alive” by People magazine in 2014.
- Alongside Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Cailee Spaeny, and Lewis Pullman, he co-starred as Billy Lee in the 2018 American neo-noir thriller film, Bad Times at the El Royale.
- He was not the first choice to play Thor in the Marvel Studio films. It was first offered to Alexander Skarsgard who even did his final audition in the full costume. Liam Hemsworth was also in the race to play it. Somehow, the role was finally played by Chris.
- On June 13, 2021, Chris Hemsworth wished Chris Evans 40th birthday on Instagram but along with that he shared a selfie of himself with Chris Pratt and in a way trolled Evans by writing “Happy 40th birthday Chris Evans, you’ll always be #1 in my book @chrisevans”.
- Chris Hemsworth was about to quit acting after he didn’t get any role for 8 months after his appearance in Star Trek in 2009.