Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Chris attended Heathmont College in Victoria, Australia.
- Father – Craig Hemsworth (Social-Services Counselor)
- Mother – Leonie (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Luke Hemsworth (Older Brother) (Actor), Liam Hemsworth (Younger Brother) (Actor)
He is represented by these agencies –
- Roar, LLC
- Mark Morrissey and Associates
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
91 kg or 201 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris dated –
- Isabel Lucas (2005-2008) – Hemsworth dated Australian soap opera Home and Away actress and co-star, Isabel Lucas from 2005 until 2008.
- Elsa Pataky (2010-Present) – Chris then started dating Spanish actress, Elsa Pataky in July 2010. They first met via their mutual representatives. The duo married on December 26, 2010. They have a daughter together, named India Rose (b. May 11, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall frame
- Deep resonant voice
- Muscular build
Hemsworth is a spiritual person. In an interview, he revealed that he draws his inspiration from Buddha.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Thor in the Marvel Studios films Thor (2011) and The Avengers (2012). In 2004, he also portrayed himself as Kim Hyde in Australian TV series Home and Away.
2009 American science fiction action film Star Trek for his role as George Samuel Kirk, Sr.
First TV Show
Chris appeared in 2 episodes in the Canadian / Australian fantasy television series Guinevere Jones as King Arthur in 2002.
Chris appointed Michael Knight as a personal trainer to transform his body into Thor. He did a very intensive workout for 5 days a week for up to 90 minutes a day. His training mostly revolved around boxing, Muay Thai, and cardio.
Chris Hemsworth Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Childhood Books – The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings
Source – IBtimes.com, DailyMail
Chris Hemsworth Facts
- In his family, he has one younger brother and one older.
- In 2011, Chris gave his voice to the video game “Thor: God of Thunder”.
- He is good friends with Tom Hiddleston (the one who played Loki in The Avengers), Sam Perry and Chris Evans.
- He learned acting and American English from “Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors”. He has undergone extensive training to gain American accent for Hollywood movies.
- Chris opt the acting (or show) business because he thought it is fun.
- He put on 20 pounds for the role of Thor.
- In 2011, Hemsworth was named as one of the Cosmopolitan’s Fun and Fearless men.