|Cynthia Erivo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cynthia Erivo is a British actress, singer, and a songwriter who is known for playing the role of Celie in the 2015 Broadway revival of The Color Purple and as Deloris Van Cartier /Sister Mary Clarence in the UK tour of Sister Act. She has also won numerous awards for her superior acting skills and outstanding performance in music including 2016 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical and the Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album in 2017. She is a fitness enthusiast and is also popular on social media where she has more than 200k followers on Instagram and over 100k followers on Twitter.
Cynthia Chinasaokwu O. Erivo
Stockwell, London, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between New York City (United States) and London (United Kingdom).
Cynthia went to the La Retraite R.C Girls School. Then, she attended the University of East London and acquired a degree in Music Psychology. After a year in university, she simultaneously started taking training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter
She is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management (Talent Management Company), Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
R&B, Soul, Urban Contemporary, Gospel, Broadway
5 ft 0.5 in or 153.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cynthia has dated –
- Dean John-Wilson – Cynthia had previously been in a romantic relationship with actor Dean John-Wilson.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Nigerian descent.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘blonde’, ‘light brown’, ‘pink’, and ‘dark brown’.
- Short curly hair
- Short height
- Plump Lips
She has endorsed the following brands through her Instagram account –
- Michael Kors
- Nicholas Kirkwood
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Celie in the Broadway revival of The Color Purple in 2015
- Winning the 2016 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical as well as the 2017 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album
- Her performance as Deloris Van Cartier /Sister Mary Clarence in the UK tour of Sister Act
As a Singer
She has contributed her voice to the various R&B and contemporary songs such as Fly Before You Fall (2014), God Only Knows (2017), Always /Goodnight (2016).
She made her theatrical film debut as Belle O’Reilly in the crime drama thriller film, Widows, in 2018.
First TV Show
Cynthia made her first TV show appearance as Magdalene on the comedy series, Chewing Gum, in 2015.
Cynthia is very enthusiastic about her fitness and she works out regularly. She enjoys running a lot and participated in the New York City Marathon in 2016. Before she ran a marathon, she trained hard. Initially, she started running 5 km every day. Then, she limited her time to complete that 5 km. Before coming to New York, she had reached a point where she ran around 9 miles every other day. After that, initially, she did a half marathon and then, she decided to do a full marathon.
Her training for the marathon included a long run every Monday, and on Tuesdays, she did strength training under the guidance of her personal trainer, Craig Thomas. She also did core exercises such as up-side-down push-ups and pull-ups. She always makes sure that she works out on an empty stomach because working out on a full stomach makes her feel bloated.
When it comes to diet, she ensures that her body gets the proper nourishment. So, after waking up in the morning, she has a lemon with hot water or a tonic with turmeric in it. Then, she eats something which is high in protein. Her lunch mainly consists of peanut butter, apple, and raisins which also accompany her as good travel snack and they are also loaded with energy and protein. She takes her vitamins with her breakfast and only drinks water and herbal tea. She doesn’t eat anything after 8 p.m. or 9 p.m. to give her body a break and digest everything.
Cynthia Erivo Favorite Things
- Gadget – Google Home
- Jewelry – Jennifer Fisher x Goop Hoop Earrings
- Perfume – Jo Malone London Myrrh and Tonka Cologne Intense
- Books – Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orisha) by Tomi Adeyemi
- Workout Costume – Nike Epic Lux Crop Leggings
- Tea – Traditional Medicinals Organic Peppermint Tea
Source – The Strategist
Cynthia Erivo Facts
- She has a pet dog named Caleb.
- Cynthia won a Tony Award in the Best Leading Actress in a Musical category for “The Color Purple” on June 12, 2016.
- She is a vegan.
- She won a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album and Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Musical Performance in a Daytime Program in 2017.
- In September 2021, she released her new album titled Ch 1 Vol 1.
- In 2021, she released her first children’s book titled Remember to Dream, Ebere.
- In November 2021, she was honored with the “Music Award” at the Harper’s Bazaar UK Women of the Year Awards.
- Follow Cynthia Erivo on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Rhododendrites / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0