Rene Marie Russo
Burbank, California, U.S.A.
Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Rene Russo attended Burroughs High School, but due to financial constraints, dropped out of school in the tenth grade.
Later during her 30s, she studied theater and acting and took acting lessons from veteran actor Allan Rich.
Actress, producer, former model
- Father – Nino Russo (Sculptor and car mechanic)
- Mother – Shirley (née Balocca) (Factory worker and barmaid)
- Siblings – Toni Russo (Sister)
- Others – Jim, January Debra, Toni Lynn, David, and Anthony John Russo (Siblings from her father’s side)
Rene Russo is attached with Crosby/Spilo Management (Artist Management Agency), California.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
135 lbs or 61 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rene Russo is married to –
- Dan Gilroy (1992-Present) – The American screenwriter, producer, actor and musician Dan Gilroy has been married to the actress since 1992. The couple met during their work in the movie ‘Freejack’ (1992). The duo has a daughter, named Rose, who was born in August 1993.
Race / Ethnicity
Rene has Italian, and German-English ancestry.
- Hourglass figure
- Wavy red hair
- Distinct blue eyes
36-25-36 in or 91.5-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 8 (UK)
Rene Russo was into brand endorsements during 70’s and early 80’s. She has appeared in radio commercials as well as screen commercials for perfumes and cosmetics.
The actress has been seen in TV commercial for Silkience with Janice Dickinson.
She has also appeared in Aziza Mascara commercial in 1980, and then for Finesse Conditioner commercial in 1986.
Best Known For
Her modeling career and appearance as a cover girl in magazines like Cosmopolitan and Vogue.
The model turned actress is also known for her roles in box-office hits like Major League (1989), Lethal Weapon 3 (1992), In the Line of Fire (1993), Outbreak (1995), Get Shorty (1995), Tin Cup (1996), Ransom (1996), Lethal Weapon 4 (1998), and The Thomas Crown Affair (1999).
Rene Russo has appeared as Lynn Wells in the 1989 release Major League.
First TV Show
Rene Russo appeared as Eden Kendell in 7 episodes of the TV Series Sable that were aired during 1987-1988.
Russo has revealed her secret of staying fit at the age, when most women lose their glamour and fitness. She has stated that she works out for five days in a week. Each day, she devotes 20 minutes to the workout, and concentrates upon one bodypart a day.
It has also been reported that the actress had earlier practiced Budokon, a new regimen of exercise and diet. The actress is known to be the first to convert this fusion of Yoga, martial art and meditation into a form that is followed by other popular Hollywood actresses.
Rene Russo Favorite Things
- Sports Team – Red Sox
Source – IMDb
Rene Russo Facts
- Rene Russo’s sister Toni Russo is married to lyricist Bernie Taupin. She and her sister appeared in the 1987 video for Taupin’s song “Citizen Jane.”
- The actress has admitted that she suffers from Bipolar disorder.
- It is reported that the actress was spotted after a 1972 Rolling Stones concert, by an agent from International Creative Management, John Crosby. He offered her a career in modeling, which brought fame to the actress.
- Rene Russo was first signed by Ford Modeling agency and was soon seen on the cover pages of popular fashion magazines. She became one of the top models in 1970s and early 80s.
- During her early years, Rene dropped out from school to support her single mother. She started doing part-time jobs like working in an eyeglass factory and as a movie cashier.
- The actress was diagnosed with scoliosis at a young age of ten, and had to wear a full-torso brace.
- The actress was not very social and used to roam around lonely and had very few friends.
- Rene Russo was originally cast as Dr. Chase Meridian in the 1995 film ‘Batman Forever,’ but was later replaced by Nicole Kidman.