|Bill Paxton Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1955|
|Date of Death||February 25, 2017|
Bill, Wild Bill, Knuckles
Bill Paxton was born on May 17, 1955.
Bill died at the age of 61 on February 25, 2017, due to a stroke after a heart surgery in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bill Paxton went to the Arlington Heights High School.
After that, he got enrolled at Richmond, The American International University in London. However, he returned to the United States and moved to Los Angeles a year later.
At the age of 21, he got admission to New York University. He dropped out of the university two years later and returned to Los Angeles.
- Father – John Lane Paxton (Part-time actor, museum executive, lumber wholesaler, and businessman)
- Mother – Mary Lou Gray
- Siblings – Bob Paxton (Older Brother), Steve Paxton (Younger Brother), Ann Paxton (Younger Sister)
- Others – Frank Paxton (Paternal Grandfather), Marjorie Ruggles Lane (Paternal Grandmother), Wayne Charter Gray (Maternal Grandfather), Leonie M. Turk (Maternal Grandmother)
Bill Paxton was represented by United Talent Agency.
Bill’s net worth was $25 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill Paxton has dated –
- Kelly Rowan (1979-1980) – After dating for a brief period, Bill Paxton got married to Kelly Rowan in 1979. Paxton later revealed that he and Kelly took off and eloped to California as her mother was against their marriage. Although she couldn’t stop them from getting married, Paxton suspected her of poisoning their relationship. However, they decided to divorce within a year of their marriage.
Note – Like some tabloids, Paxton’s first wife shouldn’t be confused with Canadian actress of the same name. His first wife goes by the name of Kelly Greenwell and works for Forth Worth newspaper and serves on the board of directors of The Lone Star International Film Festival.
- Louise Newbury (1986-2017) – Bill first met his second wife Louise Newbury on a bus in London while he was still a struggling actor. They got married in 1987 in a small intimate ceremony. Over the years, Louise has given birth to a son, James Paxton and a daughter Lydia Paxton.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Austrian, English, French, German, Irish, Scottish and Swiss ancestry.
He has appeared in a TV commercial for the cable network, DirecTV (2006), Rolex, etc.
Best Known For
- Having starred in some of the biggest blockbusters such as The Terminator (1984) and Titanic (1997).
- Playing the leading role in the critically acclaimed HBO series, Big Love.
As a Singer
Along with his friend Andrew Rosenthal, Paxton co-founded wave duo, Martini Ranch. Their only full-length album, Holy Cow was released in 1988.
In 1975, he first appeared in the role of John in the action/comedy film Crazy Mama. His role was uncredited in the film.
First TV Show
In 1980, Bill was seen in the war comedy film The Six O’Clock Follies.
Bill Paxton Favorite Things
- Actor – Buster Keaton
- Director – Buster Keaton
- Number – 17
- Food – Italian food
Source – US Magazine
Bill Paxton Facts
- For the role of Robert Langdon in the thriller The Da Vinci Code, he was the preferred choice. But he turned it down because he was going to be busy in the shooting of Big Love.
- In March 2007, he was inducted into the “Texas Film Hall of Fame” for his notable achievements in his acting career.
- When US President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Fort Worth, the eight-year-old Paxton was in the crowd. In one of the pictures, he can be seen on the shoulders of an unidentified man.
- During his struggling days, he used to work as a parking attendant at the Beverly Hills Hotel. He also worked as a set dresser and production assistant in a film project for Encyclopedia Britannica.
- He was under consideration to play a lead role in Jumanji movie. However, he was trumped by Robbie Williams for the role.
- He was a distant relative of Sara Paxton.
- In February 2022, it was revealed that Bill’s family would receive a $1 million partial settlement for the wrongful death suit that was filed by General Anesthesia Specialists Partnership in 2017.