|Nathan Fillion Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1971|
Nathan Christopher Fillion
Mill Woods, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nathan Fillion went to the Holy Trinity Catholic High School.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Concordia University College of Alberta. He graduated with a major in arts and minor in drama.
He also studied at the University of Alberta. During his university days, Nathan was the Kappa Alpha Society’s member. However, he dropped out to pursue an acting career after having bagged a role in One Life to Live.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Bob Fillion (Retired English Teacher)
- Mother – Cookie Fillion (Retired English Teacher)
- Siblings – Jeff Fillion (Older Brother) (Principal of St. Elizabeth Seton Roman Catholic Elementary/Junior High School, Edmonton)
- Others – Joseph Quinter Early (Maternal Grandfather), Emilia Castberg (Maternal Grandmother)
Nathan Fillion is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
96 kg or 212 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nathan Fillion has dated
- Vanessa Marcil (1995-1996) – Nathan had a short-term relationship with actress Vanessa Marcil. During the brief period, they even got engaged but soon broke off with each other.
- Perrey Reeves (2004-2009) – Nathan started going out with actress Perrey Reeves in 2004. One of their first public appearances was at the premiere event of Fillion’s movie, Serenity.
- Stana Katic (2009-2012) – While working together in the Castle TV series, Nathan and his co-star Stana Katic were often linked with each other. The rumors were strongest during the early seasons of the show. However, in the last season, the relationship rumors were replaced by reports of a cold war between them on the sets.
- Kate Luyben (2010-2011) – Fillion started dating Canadian actress Kate Luyben in the early months of 2010. Their relationship came into the public eye in the middle of the year when they were seen together at the San Diego Comic-Con event in July. They next got photographed at the American Music Awards, where they walked the red carpet together. In December, he spoke warmly about his new girlfriend in an interview with Star Mag. However, their relationship did not last long, and they decided to go separate ways after dating for a little over a year.
- Christina Ochoa (2013-2014) – According to reports, Nathan first met Spanish actress Christina Ochoa in 2013, and they started dating. Their relationship moved ahead quite quickly as they got engaged within just a year. Allegedly, he visited her parents in Barcelona to take their permission. However, these rumors did not gain ground, and the duo broke up in 2014 due to unspecified reasons.
- Mikaela Hoover (2013-2014) – The timeline of Nathan’s rumored relationship with actress Mikaela Hoover is very murky. They first met on the sets of the superhero black comedy, Super which released in 2010. Rumors of their relationship started circulating just after the premiere of the movie as they were seen leaving together after the event. The talk of them being an item disappeared from the tabloids by September 2013, and their dating rumors were confirmed to be a reality. In September, he decided to take Mikaela to the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as his date. The couple was spotted on the red carpet at the premiere of The Film Arcade’s A.C.O.D.
- Felicia Day – Nathan dated actress Felicia Day for some time. Although the exact timeline of their relationship is not available, it was widely speculated that they were in a relationship before he started going out with Krista Allen.
- Krista Allen (2015-Present) – In April 2015, Nathan was alleged to be in a relationship with actress Krista Allen since the turn of the year. The two first met on the sets of his hit TV series Castle. Krista also made a guest appearance in Last Action Movie episode of the hit detective TV show. Over the next few months, Nathan even reportedly met her son that proved as a testimony to their blooming love affair.
Race / Ethnicity
Nathan has French-Canadian, Norwegian, German, Finland-Swedish and Finnish ancestry.
- Blue Eyes
- Slightly Heavyset Body
Nathan Fillion has been seen in the Muppets commercial and has voiced Subaru commercial.
Although he attended a Catholic high school, Nathan Fillion is non-religious. He dislikes talking about religion.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Richard Castle in ABC’s comedy-drama series, Castle from 2009 to 2016.
- Having played the lead role of Captain Malcolm Reynolds in the western drama TV series, Firefly from 2002 to 2003.
In 1994, he made his first theatrical film appearance as Walter Hoade in the crime movie Strange and Rich.
First TV Show
His first appearance in a TV show came in ABC’s daily soap opera One Life to Live in 1994. He played the character of Joey Riley Buchanan in the series.
Nathan Fillion Favorite Things
- Women’s Body Part – Skin
- TV Shows – The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones
- Sports – Hockey
- Childhood Sports Team – Edmonton Oilers (Ice Hockey team)
- Video Games – Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, and Halo
- Concert – Martin Sexton concert at Troubadour in Los Angeles and Jason Mraz concert at the same venue.
Nathan Fillion Facts
- While growing up and during his late teens, Nathan aspired to follow his parents and become a school teacher.
- It was while studying in college that he became serious about acting. He pursued acting as a part-time career while in college.
- For a brief period, Nathan took up the job of a singing-telegram delivery man. During one of his deliveries, he dressed as Tarzan and created quite a moment for the onlookers.
- The actor auditioned for the role of Angel in the supernatural thriller television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but the role went to David Boreanaz.
- He got an opportunity to work with the series producer Joss Whedon in 2002 in the western space drama Firefly.
- Nathan auditioned for the role of Michael in the horror movie Dawn of the Dead. However, the role ultimately went to Jake Weber.
- He can’t hear from his left ear. Nathan had an accident in 1977 that severely impacted his hearing on the left side.
- The actor counts Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau amongst his good friends.
- Before the producers of the TV series Castle cast Stana Katic for the role of Kate Beckett, Fillion had read with over 125 actresses for the auditions.
- In 2007, he collaborated with writer PJ Haarsma to start a non-profit organization Kids Need to Read, which provides books to underfunded libraries among other things.
- Nathan got placed on the 10th spot by BuddyTV in the list of TV’s 100 Sexiest Men in 2009. He was in the 19th spot on the same list in 2010, ranked 20th in 2011 and 39th in 2012.
- BuddyTV placed Nathan at rank 7 in The 15 Best Drama Lead Actors of the 2011-2012 TV Season list.
- Fillion has lent his voice to many video games, which include Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Destiny, Halo 5: Guardians.