Sally Vanessa Ortiz
Indio, California, United States
Vanessa went to the Indio High School in California.
After completion of her high school education, she got enrolled at the College of the Desert in Palm Desert where she studied law.
- Father – Peter Ortiz (Contractor)
- Mother – Patricia Marcil Ortiz (Herbalist)
- Siblings – Tina Ortiz (Older Sister), Sherry Ortiz (Older Sister), Sam Ortiz (Older Brother)
- Others – Jean-Joseph Marcil (Maternal Grandfather), Suzanna Lenora DeMay (Maternal Grandmother)
Vanessa Marcil is represented by aTa Management.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa has dated
- Rob Camilletti – Vanessa had a short-lived affair with actor Rob Camilletti.
- Corey Feldman – After dating for a brief period, Vanessa got married to actor Corey Feldman in 1989. She didn’t tell her family about their marriage for nearly a year. Despite being officially married, they didn’t adopt a married lifestyle. They even didn’t live together. The duo decided to go separate ways in 1992 and got officially divorced in 1993. Interestingly, in her 2005 interview, Vanessa denied being married to Corey. She claimed that Corey was basically someone with whom she did drugs in her late teens. However, Nevada marriage records suggest otherwise.
- Vince Neil (1992) – Vanessa had a very short-lived fling with musician and vocalist, Vince Neil, who is popular for his work with rock band Motley Crue in 1992. Vince himself owned up to having slept with Vanessa in his autobiography, Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back with One of Rock’s Most Notorious Frontmen.
- Antonio Sabàto Jr. (1993) – Vanessa had a short-lived affair with Italian-born actor and model, Antonio Sabàto Jr. starting from the early months of 1993. Vanessa had grown close to Antonio while he made a guest appearance in the TV series, General Hospital.
- Nathan Fillion (1995-1996) – Vanessa got in a relationship with actor Nathan Fillion in the mid-1995. After dating for a brief period, they even decided to get engaged. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they went separate ways about a year later. Vanessa would later reveal that drugs was one of the factors for their breakup.
- Tyler Christopher (1997-1999) – Vanessa started dating actor Tyler Christopher after having grown close to him during the shooting of the TV series, General Hospital. Once again, Vanessa decided to get engaged. However, the final step eluded her once again.
- Brian Austin Green (1999-2003) – Marcil got in a relationship with actor Brian Austin Green in the latter half of 1999. They had reportedly got serious about each other while working in the TV series, Beverly Hills 90210. In March 2002, they welcomed a son, Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green. The rumors also claimed that they had got engaged. However, by early 2003, they had decided to go separate ways. In 2012, Brian filed a $200,000 lawsuit against Vanessa claiming that she hadn’t returned the money he had loaned her. However, the case was tossed out by the Los Angeles Supreme Court as the statute of limitations ran out.
- Ben Younger (2005) – Vanessa was reported to be going out with screenwriter and film director Ben Younger in October 2005 after they were pictured together on the red carpet at the premiere of Prime in New York City.
- Jeremy Piven (2006) – Vanessa was linked with actor Jeremy Piven in April 2006 after they were pictured partying in a swanky Hollywood Club. It seemed that Vanessa had partied a bit too hard as Jeremy had to carry her to the car.
- Carmine Giovinazzo (2010-2013) – After dating for a brief period of time, Vanessa got married to actor Carmine Giovinazzo in June 2010 in a private ceremony in New York City. By June 2011, Vanessa was pregnant. By the end of the year, she had suffered a miscarriage for the second time in that year. In August 2012, she filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. In March 2013, they got a formal divorce.
- 50 Cent (2015) – Vanessa was reported to have hooked up with rapper and record producer 50 Cent. The reports of them being an item started circulating in January after she shared a picture of them on her social media account.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Mexican descent. While, on her mother’s side, she has Italian, French and Portuguese ancestry.
Partial dimpled smile
36-27-37 in or 91.5-68.5-94 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Vanessa has served as a brand ambassador for the hair care brand, Head & Shoulders.
She has starred in a TV commercial for California Tourism Commission.
Along with Cynthia Sass, she has served as a hostess for the infomercial of DDF (Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula) skin care system.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Brenda Barrett in the medical drama series, General Hospital.
- Playing the role of Gina Kincaid in the drama TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210.
Vanessa made her film debut in the role of Carla Pestalozzi in the 1996 action thriller The Rock.
First TV Show
In September 1992, she made her first TV show appearance in medical drama series, General Hospital.
Vanessa relies on her active lifestyle to keep her figure in shape. She regularly works out in the gym with a focus on intense cardio and strengthening exercises. The other physical activity she enjoys is yoga. Her yoga sessions have helped tone her aging muscles, deal with myriads of age-related pains, and stress management in an organic way.
She also likes to take her dogs out for a walk. Plus, in her free time, she likes to go out for snowboarding.
Regarding diet, she doesn’t believe in restricting anything and tries to eat everything in moderation. Overall, she largely follows a vegetarian dietary routine.
Vanessa Marcil Favorite Things
- Movies – The Godfather (1972), Urban Cowboy (1980), An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), Terms of Endearment (1983), Life Is Beautiful (1997)
- Fast Food – Potato Chips
- Performer – Prince
- Childhood Memory – Her mother bringing apples and cheese for her while she used to study in her childhood
Source – Chicago Tribune
Vanessa Marcil Facts
- In 1996, the People magazine included her on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People”. Later, in 2008, she was again included by People on “100 Most Beautiful People” list.
- In 1996, she denied an opportunity to model for the cover of Playboy magazine.
- She had auditioned for the role of Nancy in the thriller movie, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. However, the director decided against casting her as he felt she was too beautiful and would take attention away from other actors.
- She has established Patricia House in Los Angeles, which works to support women who can’t care for their children. She has also created a hotline, which helps such women find good homes for their children.
- She reportedly served as a muse for acclaimed pop singer Prince, who wrote the song “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” after taking inspiration from her beauty.
- In 2005, the Maxim magazine placed her on the 19th spot on the Hot 100 list. The following year, FHM magazine placed her on 92nd position in the similar list.
- Aaron Spelling, the creator of Beverly Hills, 90210, created the role of Gina Kincaid especially for her. He had kept Vanessa in mind while writing the role.
- She has designed her own range of children’s apparel under Kass label, which was created for the African market. Vanessa had decided to name this clothing range in honor of her son, Kassius.
- Part of the proceeds from the sale of apparels from her clothing range was used to build schools in Africa. They also used proceeds to run care centers to empower and support women and children in Africa.
- When she was born, her parents decided to name her in honor of renowned English actress Vanessa Redgrave, who had won an Academy Award, Tony Award, and Olivier Award.
- Follow Vanessa on Twitter.