|Joel Kinnaman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1979|
Joel Kinnaman is a Swedish-American actor and producer. He has gained popularity with his roles like Johan “JW” Westlund in the crime thriller film Easy Money, Frank Wagner in the Johan Falk crime film series, Detective Stephen Holder in the AMC crime drama series The Killing, NASA astronaut Edward Baldwin in the Apple TV+ original science fiction space drama series For All Mankind, Rick Flag in the superhero films Suicide Squad and The Suicide Squad, Alex Murphy/RoboCop in the science fiction action film RoboCop, Takeshi Kovacs/Elias Ryker in the cyberpunk series Altered Carbon, Thomas Steinman in the thriller drama film The Secrets We Keep, Elliot Baker in the psychological thriller drama film Edge of Winter, Erik Heller in the action drama series Hanna, Pete Koslow in the crime thriller film The Informer, and Governor William “Will” Conway in the U.S. version of the political thriller series House of Cards.
Charles Joel Nordström Kinnaman
Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden
Los Angeles, California, United States
During his high school, Joel studied in Texas for one year in a student exchange program.
Joel studied acting at the Swedish Academic School of Drama in Malmö from where he graduated in 2007.
- Father – Steve Kinnaman
- Mother – Bitte Kinnaman (Therapist)
- Siblings – Leyla Belle Drake (Sister), Melinda Kinnaman (Half-Sister)
- Others – David H. Kinnaman (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalie L. Mitchell (Paternal Grandmother)
He has been managed by –
- Magnolia Entertainment
- Agentfirman Planthaber / Kildén, Talent Agency, Stockholm, Sweden
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
In 2020, his net worth was $14 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
91 kg or 200.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel Kinnaman has dated –
- Jane Timglas (2009-2011) – Joel and Swedish writer Jane Timglas started dating in 2009 after they met on the sets of Snabba Cash.
- Liza Morberg (2010) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Liza Morberg in 2010.
- Olivia Munn (2012-2014) – Kinnaman was in a relationship with American actress Olivia Munn from 2012 to 2014.
- Cleo Wattenström (2014-2018) – Joel started dating Sweden-based tattoo artist Cleo Wattenström in 2014. They got married in April 2016. They separated in 2018 after two years of their marriage. They are still good friends with each other.
- Bella Davis (2018) – He had a fling with model Bella Davis in 2018. In August 2021, Joel filed a restraining order against Bella after she allegedly tried to extort him by threatening to tell the media that she had non-consensual s*x with him. It was later revealed that he was also under investigation for rape after getting a restraining order against the model.
- Kelly Gale (2019-Present) – In January 2019, Joel was first spotted with the Swedish model, Kelly Gale. The couple got engaged in January 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Swedish Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mesmerizing eyes
- Cool demeanor
The actor did a television commercial for designer label H&M.
Best Known For
Joel’s notable performances include his lead role in the 2010 movie Easy Money. He is also well-known for playing the character of Frank Wagner in the Johan Falk film series from 2009 to 2013 and as Alex Murphy in RoboCop (2014).
The actor is also known for AMC’s The Killing (2011) in which he played the part of detective Stephen Holder, and as Governor Will Conway in House of Cards in 2016.
Joel’s acting debut was in the 2002 movie Den Osynlige as Kalle.
First TV Show
His first TV show was Storstad in 1990 in which he played the role of Felix Lundström.
For his 2014 movie Robocop, he underwent massive training. He did boxing to stay in shape for most of his roles. He trained at the Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn, New York under coach Don.
He also did some Special Forces training to build up stamina and muscular endurance. Running, sprinting, crawling, climbing, water wading were some of the hardcore exercises he did along with push-ups, sit-ups, and burpees.
As for his diet, Joel was into eating fruits and vegetables mostly. He also consumed plenty of water.
Joel Kinnaman Favorite Things
- City – New York
Source – IMDb
Joel Kinnaman Facts
- Kinnaman learned English and Swedish during his childhood as he talked to his father and mother in these languages.
- He went to an English school in Sweden.
- He attended high school with actress Noomi Rapace.
- For his performance in Easy Money, he was nominated for Guldbagge Award for the “Best Actor” in 2011.
- The actor was a chess player.
- He played Stephen Holder in The Killing from 2011 to 2014 and this role also got him nominated for a Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actor on Television” in 2012.
- Joel is multilingual and is fluent in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and English.
- He was on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine in March 2014.
- Joel Kinnaman performs all his stunts himself.
- Joel doesn’t like pork rinds at all and even dislikes the idea of people buying it for eating.
- He has watched the first ‘RoboCop’ movie around 15 to 20 times.
- In August 2020, Joel shared a n*de picture of himself on Instagram from head to toe facing sideways to the camera.
- In 2021, he appeared in the recurring role of Adam, Brooke’s longtime on-again, off-again boyfriend, in the HBO drama series In Treatment.