Charles Joel Nordström Kinnaman
Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden
Los Angeles, California, United States
During his high school, Joel studied in Texas for one year in a student exchange program.
Joel studied acting at the Swedish Academic School of Drama in Malmö from where he graduated in 2007.
- Father – Steve Kinnaman
- Mother – Bitte Kinnaman (Therapist)
- Siblings – Leyla Belle Drake (Sister), Melinda Kinnaman (Half-Sister)
- Others – David H. Kinnaman (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalie L. Mitchell (Paternal Grandmother)
His career is managed by –
- Magnolia Entertainment
- Agentfirman Planthaber / Kildén
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
92 kg or 203 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel Kinnaman dated –
- Jane Timglas (2009-2011) – Joel and Swedish writer Jane Timglas started dating in 2009 after they met on the sets of Snabba Cash.
- Olivia Munn (2012-2014) – Kinnaman was in a relationship with American actress Olivia Munn from 2012 to 2014.
- Cleo Wattenström (2014-2018) – Joel started dating Sweden-based tattoo artist Cleo Wattenström in 2014. They got married in April 2016. They separated in 2018 after two years of their marriage. They are still good friends with each other.
- Kelly Gale (2019-Present) – In January 2019, Joel was first spotted with the Swedish model, Kelly Gale. The couple got engaged in January 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Swedish Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mesmerizing eyes
- Cool demeanor
The actor did a television commercial for designer label H&M.
Best Known For
Joel’s notable performances include his lead role in 2010 movie Easy Money. He is also well-known for playing the character of Frank Wagner in the Johan Falk film series from 2009 to 2013 and as Alex Murphy in RoboCop (2014).
The actor is also known for AMC’s The Killing (2011) in which he played the part of detective Stephen Holder, and as Governor Will Conway in House of Cards in 2016.
Joel’s acting debut was in the 2002 movie Den Osynlige as Kalle.
First TV Show
His first TV show was Storstad in 1990 in which he played the role of Felix Lundström.
For his 2014 movie Robocop, he underwent massive training. He did boxing to stay in shape for most of his roles. He trained at the Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn, New York under coach Don.
He also did some Special Forces training to build up stamina and muscular endurance. Running, sprinting, crawling, climbing, water wading were some of the hardcore exercises he did along with push-ups, sit-ups, and burpees.
As for his diet, Joel was into eating fruits and vegetables mostly. He also consumed plenty of water.
Joel Kinnaman Favorite Things
- City – New York
Source – IMDb
Joel Kinnaman Facts
- Kinnaman learned English and Swedish during his childhood as he talked to his father and mother in these languages.
- He went to an English school in Sweden.
- He attended high school with actress Noomi Rapace.
- The actor was a chess player.
- Joel is multilingual and is fluent in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and English.
- He was on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine in March 2014.
- Joel Kinnaman performs all his stunts himself.
- Joel doesn’t like pork rinds at all and even dislikes the idea of people buying it for eating.
- He has watched the first ‘RoboCop’ movie around 15 to 20 times.
- In August 2020, Joel shared a n*de picture of himself on Instagram from head to toe facing sideways to the camera.