|Mare Winningham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1959|
Mare Winningham is an American actor, singer, songwriter, stage actor, and voice artist. She is known for her work in shows and movies such as American Horror Story, Cult, Mildred Pierce, St. Elmo’s Fire, Coven, Hatfields & McCoys, Dandelion, George Wallace, Freak Show, Brothers, The Boys Next Door, Hotel, ER, Turner & Hooch, Miracle Mile, The War, Georgia, Threshold, Love Is Never Silent, Grey’s Anatomy, Torchwood: Miracle Day, The Affair, The Outsider, and The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire. She has also recorded albums like What Might Be, Lonesomers, What’s Left Behind, and Refuge Rock Sublime. Winningham is the recipient of 2 Primetime Emmy Awards and has been nominated for an Academy Award, 2 Golden Globe Awards, and a Tony Award.
Mary Megan Winningham
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Mare Winningham studied at Andasol Ave. Elementary School. She then attended Patrick Henry Junior High School and continued to study over her summer vacations at CSUN’s Teenage Drama Workshop.
Mare also attended Chatsworth High School. She graduated co-valedictorian (with Kevin Spacey) of her high school class in 1977.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Voice Artist, Stage Actor
- Father – Sam Neal Winningham (Former football coach and athletic director who later served as the chairman of the Department of Physical Education at California State University, Northridge (CSUN))
- Mother – Marilyn Jean (née Maloney) (English teacher and college counselor at Monroe High School and Grant High School)
- Siblings – Patrick Winningham (Brother) (Actor). She has 2 more brothers and a sister.
- Others – Neal Winningham (Paternal Grandfather), Alida/Laida/Aleda Whillemetta/Willemetta Bogan (Paternal Grandmother), John Monas Maloney (Maternal Grandfather), Grace Vanderpol (Maternal Grandmother)
Mare Winningham has been signed with Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
Bluegrass, Blues, Folk
Her net worth had been $1.5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mare Winningham has dated –
- Val Kilmer – During high school, she went out with actor Val Kilmer.
- A Martinez (1978-1982) – In April 1978, she started dating actor and singer A Martinez and they married in 1981. However, they divorced the following year. The duo co-starred in the miniseries The Young Pioneers.
- William Mapel – Her 2nd marriage was to television technical advisor William Mapel and they were blessed with 5 children – Riley Mapel (November 7, 1981-August 14, 2005), Patrick Mapel (b. 1983), Jack Mapel (b. April 15, 1985), Calla Louise Mapel (b. 1987), and Happy Atticus Mapel (b. September 13, 1988). The marriage ended in 1994 and their oldest child, son Riley, committed suicide on August 14, 2005.
- Jason Trucco – Mare was also previously married to artist Jason Trucco for a few years.
- Anthony Edwards – She was romantically involved with actor and director Anthony Edwards as of 2020. They have known each other for 35 years. In February 2022, during an interview, Anthony revealed that he and Mare secretly got married in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Mare Winningham is of Dutch, Irish, English, and German descent.
She grew up a Roman Catholic. However, in her early 40s, she converted to Judaism.
Mare Winningham Favorite Things
- Activities In School – Drama, Playing the guitar and drums
Source – Wikipedia
Mare Winningham Facts
- She learned American Sign Language for her role as Maggie in Love Is Never Silent.
- Mare Winningham co-starred as Georgia Flood in the 1995 independent film, Georgia. This role got her nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- In 1997, she released her 2nd studio album titled Lonesomers.
- She has stated that she was 5 or 6 years old when she first got interested in acting while watching an interview with Kym Karath (who played Gretl in The Sound of Music) on Art Linkletter’s television show House Party.
- Mare Winningham has been friends with Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- Her stage credits include having been cast in plays like After the Revolution, Tribes, Casa Valentina, 10 Million Miles, Picnic, Her Requiem, and Girl From the North Country.
- For her performance in Casa Valentina, Mare Winningham was nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” in 2014.
Featured Image by Kambri Crews from New York / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0