|Kevin Costner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1955|
Kevin Costner is a multi-talented American actor, director, producer, and musician. He has many accolades to his name including Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award. He is known for his roles in The Untouchables (1987), Bull Durham (1988), Field of Dreams (1989), Dances with Wolves (1990), JFK (1991), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), Hidden Figures (2016), Hatfields & McCoys (2012), and Yellowstone. Kevin is the lead singer of his rock/country band Kevin Costner and Modern West.
Kevin Michael Costner
Lynwood, California, United States
- Southern California, United States
- Aspen, Colorado, United States
Kevin Costner studied at Mt. Whitney High School in Visalia, California and Villa Park High School in Villa Park, graduating in 1973.
Later, he attended California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) and graduated with a BA degree in Marketing and Finance in 1978.
Actor, Director, Producer, Musician
- Father – William Costner (Electrician and Utilities Executive at Southern California Edison)
- Mother – Sharon Rae (Welfare Worker)
- Siblings – Daniel Craig Costner (Older Brother) (Businessman), Mark Douglas Costner (Older Brother) (Died at birth)
- Others – Walter Madison Costner (Paternal Grandfather), Lillie Mae/May Reno (Paternal Grandmother), Clyde Asbury Tedrick (Maternal Grandfather), Verna Margaret Manring (Maternal Grandmother)
Kevin Costner is represented by –
- Kevin Costner & Modern West (Company), Redwood City, California, United States
- Rogers & Cowan, Publicist/PR, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Rick Nicita, Agent, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- TIG Productions, Inc., Burbank, California, United States
Country, Country Rock
- Universal South Records
- Edel Music
- Madison Gate Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Costner has dated –
- Bobbie Brown – Kevin had an encounter with model Bobbie Brown in the past.
- Peggy Trentini – Kevin had a brief encounter with actress Peggy Trentini in the past.
- Cindy Costner (1975-1994) – In March 1975, Kevin started dating his college sweetheart Cindy Costner. Cindy played “Snow White” for Disneyland. The couple tied the knot on March 5, 1978, after dating for 3 years. They have 3 children together – daughters Anne Clayton (b. April 15, 1984) and Lily McCall (b. August 4, 1986) and a son named Joe Tedrick (b. January 31, 1988). The couple’s marriage lasted for 16 years before they settled for divorced on December 12, 1994.
- Christine Dennard (1983-1987) – In 1983, Kevin began an affair with Christine Dennard. Their relationship lasted for almost 4 years as they broke up in 1987.
- Halle Berry (1989) – In 1989, Kevin was rumored to have had an encounter with actress Halle Berry.
- Michelle Pfeiffer (1990) – In 1990, Kevin was rumored to have hooked up with actress Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Mira Sorvino (1993) – In 1993, Kevin had an encounter with actress Mira Sorvino.
- Holly Sampson (1994) – In 1994, Kevin hooked up with p*rn-star Holly Sampson.
- Bridget Rooney (1995-1997) – In 1995, Kevin began dating Bridget Rooney. They even had a son together named Liam Costner (b. 1996). However, the couple broke up in January 1997.
- Naomi Campbell (1995) – In 1995, Kevin had an encounter with British model Naomi Campbell.
- Courteney Cox (1995) – In 1995, Kevin briefly dated actress Courteney Cox.
- Angie Everhart (1995) – In February 1995, Kevin had an encounter with model Angie Everhart.
- Joan Lunden (1995) – In 1995, Kevin had a brief encounter with TV news presenter Joan Lunden.
- Cheryl Tiegs (1995) – In August 1995, Kevin had an encounter with model Cheryl Tiegs.
- Elle Macpherson (1996) – In 1996, Kevin had a brief relationship with the Australian model Elle Macpherson.
- Carla Bruni (1996) – In July 1996, Kevin had an encounter with Italian singer and model Carla Bruni.
- Tawny Little (1997-1998) – In November 1997, Kevin started a relationship with TV personality Tawny Little. However, their relationship did not last long and they split in January 1998.
- Christine Baumgartner (2000-Present) – In August 2000, Kevin began a relationship with former model-turned-handbag designer Christine Baumgartner. They briefly broke up in 2002. However, on June 26, 2003, the couple got engaged and tied the knot in 2004 at his ranch outside Aspen. Their wedding was attended by more than 500 guests including Oprah Winfrey, Bruce Willis, Tim Allen, Don Johnson, Jack Nicholson, Mary McDonnell, David Giammarco, Michael Douglas, and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Later, they flew off to St. Andrews in Scotland for their honeymoon. They are blessed with 3 children – 2 sons named Cayden Wyatt Costner (b. May 6, 2007) and Hayes Logan Costner (b. February 12, 2009) and a daughter named Grace Avery Costner (b. June 2, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, Swiss-German, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
Due to advancing age, gray hair strands are visible on his head.
- Long rounded chin
- Straight Nose
- Tall height
Kevin Costner has appeared in TV commercials for brands like –
- Valleverde shoes (2000)
- Apple Lisa computer (1983)
- Turkish Airlines (2009)
- Roots canned coffee (2001)
- Subaru Legacy (1999)
- Suntory Malt’s Beer (1988)
- Saupiquet tuna salad (2014)
- The American Club Resort (2014) (Voice-over)
- Rio Mare tuna (2014)
- Energetix (2011)
- TGV (2017)
He was raised a Baptist.
Best Known For
- His performances in films including The Untouchables (1987) as Eliot Ness, Bull Durham (1988) as Crash Davis, Field of Dreams (1989) as Ray Kinsella, Dances with Wolves (1990) as Lieutenant John J. Dunbar, JFK (1991) as Jim Garrison, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) as Robin Hood, The Bodyguard (1992) as Frank Farmer, and A Perfect World (1993) as Robert “Butch” Haynes; and TV series Hatfields & McCoys (2012) as Devil Anse Hatfield, and Yellowstone as John Dutton
- Being the singer of rock/country band Kevin Costner and Modern West
On November 11, 2008, Kevin’s band Kevin Costner & Modern West released their first studio album titled Untold Truths with Universal South Records. The album had 12 songs.
In 1981, he made his feature film debut in the comedy film Malibu Hot Summer as John Logan.
First TV Show
In 1985, he made his first TV show appearance on the adventure comedy-drama series Amazing Stories as the Captain.
Kevin Costner stated his children as the reason for keeping him active and healthy. In general, he lives a busy life and does not believe in sitting-it-out. He enjoys horseback riding and plays golf in his free time.
As for his diet, he maintains a sensible eating habit.
Kevin Costner Favorite Things
- Films – How the West Was Won (1962), Cool Hand Luke (1967), Giant (1956), The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957), The Great Escape (1963), Hombre (1967), The Searchers (1956), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) and The Magnificent Seven (1960)
- Directors – Frank Capra, George Stevens, John Sturges, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, and Steven Spielberg
- Plots – Long epics with a lot of stories
- Genre – Western
Source – IMDb
Kevin Costner Facts
- He is a member of the Delta Chi Fraternity of CSUF.
- In May 1998, readers of the German magazine Amica voted Kevin as the “Mos Erotic Male”.
- In October 1997, Empire (UK) magazine ranked him as #27 on their list of “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”.
- His earlier jobs include working as a skipper on the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
- In 1990 and 1991, People magazine added him in their list of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- In 1986 of John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 38, he was listed as one of the 12 “Promising New Actors of 1986”.
- Kevin built a golf course on the land given to him by Sioux nation after making Dances with Wolves (1990).
- In 1995, Empire magazine included him at #87 in their list of “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History”.
- He has starred in films about John F. Kennedy a couple of times including JFK (1991) and Thirteen Days (2000).
- Kevin has purposely avoided appearing in film sequels making him one of the few blockbuster stars to do so.
- He is a co-owner of the Midnight Star casino in Deadwood, South Dakota.
- In 2003, he opened the Tatanka Interpretive site in Deadwood, South Dakota.
- In Aspen, Colorado, his ranch is estimated to be around 165 acres.
- He is a fan of the English soccer club Arsenal Football Club.
- Kevin has participated numerous times in the celebrity golf tournament in Pebble Beach, California.
- He is stated to enjoy movies like Red River (1948), Ben-Hur (1959), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), and Spartacus (1960).
- Kevin is one of the few actors to be recognized for winning an Academy Award for “Best Director”.
- He is known for doing several baseball-themed films like Chasing Dreams (1982), Bull Durham (1988), Field of Dreams (1989), For Love of the Game (1999), and The Upside of Anger (2005).
- Two of his films Dances with Wolves (1990) at #59 and Field of Dreams (1989) at #28 are included on the American Film Institute‘s list of “100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time”.
- He has supported Bill Clinton in his presidential elections in 1992 and 1996.
- He own production companies named TIG Productions and Treehouse Films. His paternal grandmother’s nickname inspired the name “Tig”.
- In the early 1990s, he used to play golf with former President Ronald Reagan.
- He is a skilled equestrian which is reflected in the film The Postman (1997) where he did his own riding.
- On August 11, 2003, he received the Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He along with his brother Dan founded the Costner Industries Nevada Corporation (CINC) in Carson City.
- In 2008, he was inducted into the Irish-American Baseball Hall of Fame.
- He has been a part of numerous “Best Picture” Oscar-nominated films like Field of Dreams (1989), Dances with Wolves (1990), JFK (1991) and Hidden Figures (2016).
- He is a supporter of the New York Knicks.
- In 2015, he released a book titled The Explorers Guild, which was co-written by Jon Baird.
- Visit his band’s official website @ kevincostnermodernwest.com.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0