|Laila Ali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1977|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Laila Amaria Ali
She Bee Stingin’
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Laila Ali went to Hamilton High School in Los Angeles.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at Santa Monica College. She graduated with a degree in Business.
Former Professional Boxer (1999 to 2007) and Television Personality
- Father – Muhammad Ali (Former American Professional Boxer and Activist)
- Mother – Veronica Porché Ali (Actress)
- Siblings – Hana Ali (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Rahman Ali (Paternal Uncle) (Former American Professional Boxer), Horace Porché (Maternal Grandfather), Ethel Porché (Maternal Grandmother), Cassius Marcellus Clay Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Odessa O’Grady Clay (Paternal Grandmother)
Laila Ali is represented by She Bee Stingin’, Inc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laila Ali has dated –
- Johnny McClain (2000-2005) – Laila got married to boxing promoter Johnny McClain in August 2000. She was introduced to Johnny by her older sister Hana at their father’s 57th birthday party. Soon after, he became her manager and helped shape her successful career. According to an announcement, the couple got divorced in 2005 and Johnny quit managing her.
- Curtis Conway (2005-Present) – Towards the start of 2007, Laila got engaged to retired NFL player Curtis Conway. By the time of their engagement, they had been in a relationship for around 15 weeks. They got married in July 2007. In August 2008, she gave birth to a son, Curtis Muhammad Conway. She gave birth to a daughter Sydney J. Conway in April 2011. Laila is also the stepmother to Conway’s three children from a previous marriage – a daughter, Leilani, who was born in 1999 and twin sons, who were born in 1995.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African American descent on her father’s side and has Louisiana Creole ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Broad Smile
- Tall and Athletic Figure
36-28-36 in or 91.5-71-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
12 (US) or 42.5 (EU)
She has done print advertisements for –
- America’s Dairy Farmers & Milk Producers
- Subway Sandwiches (2012-2013)
- Dannon’s Activia Probiotic Yogurt (2014)
Laila Ali has appeared in a series of TV commercials for
- Adidas (2010)
- Kohls (2012)
- Tory Burch Foundation’s Embrace Ambition (2017)
In 2011, she worked with the American Kidney Fund for Pair Up, a national campaign aimed at spreading awareness on Kidney disease.
The former professional boxer has her line of skin and hair care products named Laila Ali Professional Hair Care and Laila Ali Derm Essentials.
Laila was raised a Muslim by her devout father, but she doesn’t practice Islam.
Best Known For
Being the daughter of Muhammad Ali and a successful female professional boxer.
By the time she retired from boxing, she had held the WIBA, WBC, IWBF and the IBA super middleweight titles and the IWBF light heavyweight title.
Having appeared in a host of reality TV shows including –
- Chopped: All Stars
- The Biggest Loser
- The New Celebrity Apprentice
First Boxing Match
In October 1999, Laila Ali fought her first competitive boxing match in which she knocked out her opponent April Fowler of Michigan City, Indiana. They competed at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, New York.
In 2006, she made her maiden theatrical appearance in sports drama movie, All You’ve Got.
First TV Show
In April 1999, Laila made her TV show debut on the talk show, Beckmann.
Laila Ali loves to go to the gym for a circuit training workout. According to her interview with Shape, she starts her workout with 15 minutes warm up with a heavy bag. She then spends 15 minutes on the treadmill, which usually involves sprinting or high incline work. After this, she works out on the elliptical machine. Lastly, she performs lower body exercises such as lunges, squats and high rep upper body exercises with 10-pound dumbbells.
If she can’t get a gym workout, Laila shares that she plays tennis or heads out for a run. Her running workouts usually last somewhere between 20 to 45 minutes. Also, she focuses on some core exercises. She is a big fan of Pilates, as well.
When it comes to diet, Laila tries to eat as clean as possible. She prefers earth-produced food items that are completely unprocessed. Veggies, fruits, whole grains, nuts and lean meats form a bulk of her dietary intake on a daily basis.
Click here, to know more about her exercise and diet routine.
Laila Ali Favorite Things
- Gym Song – Survivor by Destiny’s Child
- Breakfast – Egg White Scramble with Brown Rice, Ground Turkey, Spinach and Mushrooms
- Lunch – Green Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Dinner – Baked Fish, Sweet Potato, and Veggies
- Fast Food Joint – Chipotle
- Healthy Snack – Vanilla flavored Protein Shake with Half Banana
- Indulgence – Peach Cobbler a La Mode
- Workout – Spinlates (a combo of Pilates and Spin)
- Gadget – Krups Coffee Maker Cup
- App – MyFitnessPal
- Night Out – Dinner and Dessert along with a great movie with husband
- Accessory – Flip-flops
Source – Self.com
Laila Ali Facts
- In her teens, Laila often got in trouble. She had to serve time in the juvenile detention center and often used to get into fights in high school.
- When Laila first told her father that she wanted to become a professional boxer, Muhammad Ali wasn’t happy as he felt it was a dangerous sport for women.
- While studying at the Santa Monica College, she opened her nail salon in Marina Del Rey area of Los Angeles.
- Laila started boxing at the age of 18. Her inspiration for boxing came after watching woman boxers Christy Martin and Deirdre Gogarty’s televised fight in 1996.
- She has defeated Jacqui Frazier-Lyde and Freeda Foreman in boxing bouts. Their respective fathers Joe Frazier and George Foreman were defeated by Laila’s father Muhammad Ali.
- In the course of her career, she has fought a total of 24 matches and has won all of them with 21 victories coming via knockout.
- In 2002, she published her book Reach! Finding Strength, Spirit, and Personal Power with David Ritz’s assistance. Ritz has co-written autobiography of several celebrities including Janet Jackson, Natalie Cole and Etta James.
- Laila has claimed in her autobiography that she had to endure physical abuse while serving time in jail.
- Hulk Hogan often credits Laila Ali for helping him get through the most difficult period of his life. This was when he was going through a divorce and dealing with his son’s death in a car accident.
- In 2011, she became the President of the Women’s Sports Foundation, a non-profit organization that works to spread awareness about the importance of sports among girls and women.
- Laila has also served as co-chair of the Women’s Sports Foundation Athlete Advisory Panel.
- She is an active supporter of charities and foundations related to AIDS, cancer, literacy, poverty and Alzheimer’s disease including Women’s Sports Foundation, Healthy Child Healthy World, and American Kidney Fund.