|Neal McDonough Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1966|
Neal McDonough is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and writer who is known for playing First Lieutenant Lynn “Buck” Compton in the war drama miniseries Band of Brothers, Sean Cahill in the legal drama series Suits, Dave Williams in the comedy-drama soap opera Desperate Housewives, Malcolm Beck in the neo-Western drama series Yellowstone, L.A. Deputy D.A. David McNorris in the action drama series Boomtown, Dwight D. Eisenhower in the FX horror anthology series American Horror Story: Double Feature, and Damien Darhk in the television series Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and The Flash. Moreover, he has also been cast in a variety of films such as Star Trek: First Contact, A Perfect Little Man, The Guardian, Flags of Our Fathers, I Know Who Killed Me, Captain America: The First Avenger, Batman: Assault on Arkham, and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Headster (originated in Neal’s brothers’ teasing him about the size of his head)
Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Neal McDonough studied at Barnstable High School. After graduating high school, he enrolled at Syracuse University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1988. He was a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.
Notably, he had obtained several college scholarships to play baseball but he decided to go to Syracuse because he thought the university had the best theater department. Afterward, he trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Writer
- Father – Frank McDonough (Motel Owner)
- Mother – Catherine (née Bushe) (Motel Owner)
- Siblings – Gerard McDonough (Brother) (Appeared as a contestant on an episode of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire), John McDonough (Brother) (Former writer for national newspapers who has also taught writing at the University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth)
- Others – Henry Bushe (Maternal Grandfather), Ellen Coffey (Maternal Grandmother)
Neal McDonough has been repped by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, West Hollywood, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $7 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Neal McDonough has dated –
- Ruvé Robertson (2001-Present) – He met South African model Ruvé Robertson in the United Kingdom while filming Band of Brothers. The duo reportedly started dating in December 2001 and they got married in 2003. The couple parents 5 children – Morgan “Little Buck” Patrick (b. November 28, 2005), Catherine Maggie (b. May 14, 2007), London Jane (b. January 11, 2010), Clover Elizabeth (b. August 15, 2011), and James Hamilton (b. March 31, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Neal McDonough is of Irish descent.
Deep resonant voice
Neal McDonough has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Buick Verano (voice-over) (February 2012 – March 2012)
- Cadillac SRX (voice-over) (August 2012 – September 2012)
- Cadillac’s Season’s Best Event (voice-over) (December 2013)
Neal McDonough Favorite Things
- Candy – Kit Kat
- Movie – The Cowboys
- Dinner – His wife’s pasta Bolognese
- Musician – James Taylor
- Actor – John Wayne
- Actor He Has Ever Worked With – Kevin Costner
- Car – El Camino Royal Knight
Source – Us Weekly
Neal McDonough Facts
- His childhood years were spent growing up in Barnstable, Massachusetts.
- He plays the harmonica.
- Neal McDonough has stated that he enjoys peanut butter and raspberry jam on toast every morning with his coffee.
- He enjoys downhill racing on skis.
- He writes poems, usually about his wife Ruvé.
- He enjoys a good cigar.
- After he decided to give up alcohol, Neal McDonough described it as the 2nd-greatest decision of his life (marrying his wife, Ruvé, being the first).
- He supports the Boston Red Sox.
- Neal McDonough has said that he is a very competitive person.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0