|Tina Lifford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tina Lifford is an American actor, voice actor, playwright, and author who is known for her television roles like playing Violet Bordelon in the drama series Queen Sugar, Joan Mosely in the Fox comedy series South Central, Tess Robinson in the NBC drama series Crisis Center, Loris Holt in the CBS horror series American Gothic, Judge Alice Kingston in the CBS legal drama series Family Law, Dorothy Hammond in the family drama series Lincoln Heights, Evelyn Pratt in the NBC medical drama series ER, Warden DeMarco in the FX medical drama series Nip/Tuck, Renee Trussell in the family comedy-drama series Parenthood, Evelyn Lancaster in the comedy-drama series Single Ladies, Lily Vega in the Fox science fiction crime drama series Minority Report, and Judge Witherspoon in the CBS procedural forensics crime drama series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Her film credits include Jaws: The Revenge, Mandela and de Klerk, Paris Trout, The Ernest Green Story, Grand Canyon, Doppelganger, Bébé’s Kids, A Streetcar Named Desire, Pay It Forward, The Devil’s Dolls, America’s Dream, and Letters from a Killer.
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tina Lifford enrolled at the University of Santa Monica‘s Spiritual Psychology Program.
Actor, Voice Actor, Playwright, Author
- Father – David Lifford
- Mother – Dorothy Lifford
- Siblings – Marlene (Sister), Pam (Sister), Steve (Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Tina Lifford Facts
- In 1991, she was cast as Deborah in the drama film Grand Canyon.
- Tina Lifford provided vocals to Sheep in the 1995 comedy-drama film Babe (also known as Babe the Sheep-Pig).
- She was seen as Sarah in the 1996 made-for-television drama film America’s Dream and this role got her nominated for a CableACE Award for “Best Actress in a Dramatic Special or Series”.
- In 1997, Tina Lifford portrayed the character of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela (a South African anti-apartheid activist and politician who was the 2nd wife of Nelson Mandela) in the made-for-television drama film Mandela and de Klerk.
- She brought to life the character of Cassandra Taylor (a counselor at Natalie’s school) in the 2001 comedy-drama film Joe Somebody, starring Tim Allen, Julie Bowen, Kelly Lynch, Greg Germann, Hayden Panettiere, Jim Belushi, and Patrick Warburton.
- Alongside Clint Eastwood, Jeff Daniels, Wanda De Jesús, Paul Rodriguez, Dylan Walsh, and Anjelica Huston, Tina Lifford co-starred as Detective Jaye Winston in the 2002 mystery thriller film Blood Work.
- She played Deputy Sheriff Laura Shoemaker in the 2005 action thriller film Hostage. It is based on the 2001 novel of the same name by Robert Crais.
- From 2015 to 2017, she was cast in the recurring role of CIA Director Lowry in the ABC political thriller series Scandal.
- In 2016, Tina Lifford started appearing as Violet Bordelon (the younger sister of Ernest Bordelon who acts as the matriarch of the family) in the Oprah Winfrey Network drama series Queen Sugar. Her co-stars for the project include Rutina Wesley, Dawn-Lyen Gardner, Kofi Siriboe, Nicholas L. Ashe, Omar J. Dorsey, Dondre Whitfield, Timon Kyle Durrett, Greg Vaughan, Ethan Hutchison, Marycarmen Lopez, Bianca Lawson, Henry G. Sanders, Walter Perez, and Tammy Townsend.
- For her performance in Queen Sugar, she got nominated for an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” in 2018 and 2020 as well as a Black Reel Award in the “Outstanding Supporting Actress, Drama Series” category in 2019.
- Lifford’s book titled The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness was named by Forbes as one of the best self-help books that would make 2021 your best year yet.
Featured Image by Tina Lifford / Instagram