|Jelani Alladin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1992|
Jelani Alladin is an American actor, singer, and dancer who is widely recognized for his stage performances in numerous plays, as well as musicals, including his Broadway debut in the role of Kristoff in the 2018 production, adapted from the Disney movie Frozen. He has appeared in a number of TV shows like The Walking Dead: World Beyond (2020-2021) and been featured in various films, for instance, Respect (2021). He is the recipient of many accolades such as the San Francisco Critics Circle Award in the past for “Best Leading Actor”. Jelani has accumulated more than 40k followers on Instagram.
New York, United States
He went to high school in New Canaan in Connecticut. After that, he attended New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts, having studied several acting styles such as cinema acting, song and dance acting, as well as vocal performance.
Actor, Singer, Dancer
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Mustache and beard
- Thick eyebrows
Jelani Alladin Favorite Things
- Organizations – Those like A Better Chance, Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Jumpstart, or The New Teacher Project, that create educational resources for students of color as he has believed education to be immensely important and empowering
- Passion – Food
Jelani Alladin Facts
- He was raised in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn in New York City.
- He had a passion for acting from a young age.
- Jelani had been an athlete in high school, where he played lacrosse and participated in track. He was also a performer and played lead roles like the Emcee in Cabaret and The Cat in the Hat in Seussical.
- He has recalled that he had gone to a union open call for Frozen. When he went to the auditions and got a call back for the part of Kristoff, he noticed that there were people of all types of color there. He has found it commendable that Disney has embraced that throughout its whole production and the ensembles have usually been filled with people from all hues and sizes.
- Alladin has revealed that he has taken his creativity fully into his own hands. He has started a production company named Dumont Millennial Productions that had been on his mind for a while. Jelani has craved to bring to life the stories he has felt have been missing from the canon having mainly comprised of compelling tales of first-generation Americans. He has enjoyed writing as well as developing scripts, that had kept his imagination flowing. Jelani has found doing readings with pals or even professionally to be great outlets for his creative juices to flow.
- Jelani has stated that if he got a scope of being a producer on Broadway, he would choose to produce Mulan as he has thought it to be time there was much more Asian representation on professional theatre. He has added that when he was at the Lucille Lortel Awards and KPOP bagged the “Best Musical”, he had been delighted to see Asian American actors up on the stage.
- Jelani has cherished singing while taking a bath that has often become a full-on performance in the shower, that he has hoped have not irritated his neighbors. He has added that it would be more thrilling to have a live audience or be on set, but he has been sane and content enough with the substitutions.
Featured Image by Jelani Alladin / Instagram