|Allison Stokke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1989|
Allison Stokke first found fame with her strong performances in the high school pole vaulting events and competitions. She even managed to break several records as a high school athlete. But the attention, she got in the early months of 2007 after her picture became viral on the internet was simply off the charts. Against her wishes, she was made a sex symbol. She was openly critical of the fact that her performances were ignored. However, she did manage to land endorsement deals with a popular brand such as Nike on the back of unwanted publicity.
Allison Rebecca Stokke
Newport Beach, California, United States
Allison Stokke went to the Newport Harbor High School.
After graduating, she joined the University of California, Berkeley on an athletic scholarship. She had got enrolled in a sociology course at the university. She eventually graduated from the university as well.
Fitness Model and Track and Field Athlete
- Father – Allan Stokke (Lawyer)
- Mother – Cindy Stokke
- Siblings – David Stokke (Older Brother)
Allison Stokke handles her representation work on her own.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Allison Stokke has dated –
- Rickie Fowler (2017-Present) – In 2017, Allison started dating American golfer Rickie Fowler. In June 2018, they got engaged after he proposed to her on the beach on the eve of National Best Friend Day. He posted a picture of them together on his official Instagram account to make their engagement public.
Race / Ethnicity
Toned and shredded figure
Allison Stokke has been used for the promotion of brands such as Athleta, Uniqlo, and Nike.
Best Known For
Her strong presence on the various social media platforms. She has managed to earn over 800k followers on her official Instagram account.
First TV Show
In 2008, Allison Stokke made her first TV show appearance in an iPromote Techfoots episode of the family and comedy show, iCarly.
Allison Stokke has got a diverse and intense workout regime in place to keep her fit. Apart from her regular pole vaulting training, she has incorporated a number of fitness disciplines into her routine. She uses fitness accessories such as medicine ball to improve her strength and functional fitness.
She has also included big and complex lifts such as deadlifts in her workouts. She gets her indoor cardio done on the treadmill. She relies on exercises such as planks to improve her core strength. She often uses foam rollers after her workouts to relax her muscles and for injury prevention. However, her favorite workout is power yoga. No matter how intense her training gets, the power yoga always helps her relax and refocus.
She doesn’t follow diets in which she has to eliminate or eat any specific food. She believes in eating well and maintaining a healthy balance. Allison usually likes to have oatmeal for the breakfast. She loves to make the eggs, a part of her meals. For snacking, she relies on almonds, bananas, and dates.
Allison Stokke Favorite Things
- Foods – Macaroni & cheese; Avocado Toast with sea salt, marash pepper (an earthy-tasting red pepper flake from Turkey), and good olive oil; and Fresh berries
- Gym Bag Essentials – Workout Journal
Source – Athleta
Allison Stokke Facts
- After taking inspiration from her older brother, who was a national level gymnast, Allison started participating in gymnastics. But she eventually realized that she didn’t enjoy it.
- She started focussing on pole vaulting while she was studying in high school. In 2004, she managed to win age 15/16 United States title and in the process, set a championship record of 3.81 m (12 ft 6 in).
- In 2004, she also managed to create the new American record for a high school freshman by managing to vault 3.86 m (12 ft 7 3⁄4 in).
- In her sophomore year in 2005, she created another record as she set a new high school sophomore record at 4.11 m (13 ft 5 3⁄4 in).
- She suffered a leg fracture while in the high school, but that didn’t stop her from registering two wins at the CIF California State Meet.
- She was ranked second in her senior year in the national high school rankings. Her best vault stood at 4.14 m (13 ft 6 3⁄4 in).
- She became a viral sensation in early months of 2007 after a picture of her from New York pole vaulting event, which was taken by a journalist for a Californian track and field website, was widely shared on social media and internet blogs.
- In the aftermath, she issued a stinging statement in which she slammed the demeaning coverage, which had turned years of her hard work and achievement to nothing and had turned focus solely on her sexuality.
- In 2012, she failed to clear the opening height of 4.25 m (13 ft 11 1⁄4 in) at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Allison Stokke / Instagram