|Maya Higa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1998|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Maya Higa is an American conservationist, falconer, wildlife rehabilitator, Twitch streamer, YouTuber, and social media influencer who is best known as the founder of Alveus Sanctuary, a not-for-profit exotic animal sanctuary and virtual conservation education center in Austin, Texas. She had started streaming on Twitch in February 2019 and has amassed more than 500k followers on the platform where her content includes themes such as music, falconry, and spreading conservation awareness. On similar themes, she runs a YouTube channel titled Maya where she has garnered more than 150k subscribers. She is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 250k followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
California, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Maya, after her high school graduation, had joined the California Polytechnic State University, a public university in San Luis Obispo, California. She had graduated from there with a bachelor’s degree in agricultural education and communication.
Conservationist, Falconer, Wildlife Rehabilitator, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber, Social Media Influencer
- Mother – Vicki Higa
- Siblings – Erica Higa (Older Sister). She has 4 brothers.
- Others – Ryan Higa (Cousin) (Comedian, YouTuber, Actor, Internet Personality, Musician, Voice Artist), Wendell Higa (Uncle), Luci Higa (Aunt), Kyle Higa (Cousin)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maya has dated –
- Mizkif (2019-2021) – Maya had started dating Twitch streamer, YouTuber, and social media influencer Matthew Rinaudo aka Mizkif in 2019. After dating for over 2 years, the couple announced about their separation in September 2021. Following the split, both Mizkif and Maya also took an extended break from Twitch streaming.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Japanese and American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Cheerful smile
Maya Higa Facts
- She took to streaming content on Twitch as late as February 2019 but her channel witnessed robust growth after a falconry video of hers with a juvenile red-tailed hawk went viral on Reddit. In May 2019, to celebrate her 21st birthday, she had held a charity stream for a local homeless coalition that she used to volunteer for. Her stream had raised funds amounting to USD 32k.
- In July 2019, she began hosting a weekly conversation broadcast on her Twitch channel known as the Conservation Cast, a podcast that was aimed to connect her audience with renowned conservationists, wildlife enthusiasts, and science communicators to build a sense of awareness and responsibility about wildlife conservation.
- The podcast has hosted spokespersons from conservation charities including Save the Rhino, the Exotic Feline Rescue Center, and the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund. The very first episode of the podcast had raised USD 3k for the American Eagle Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring people to guard and protect the Bald Eagle and other birds of prey.
- In February 2021, she had held a 21-hour charity stream in support of her newly founded exotic animal sanctuary known as Alveus Sanctuary. The stream had auctioned several items belonging to celebrities and once she had achieved her goal of raising USD 500k, she had shaved her head, a promise she had made a few weeks ago. The stream had raised USD 578k overall.
Featured Image by Maya Higa / Instagram