|Ryan Higa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1990|
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Ryan Higa went to the Waiakea High School in his hometown and graduated in 2008.
Later, he got enrolled at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas to study nuclear science.
Comedian, YouTube personality, actor
- Father – Wendell Higa
- Mother – Luci Higa
- Siblings – Kyle Higa (Older Brother)
Ryan Higa is managed by his mother Luci Higa.
He is also represented by Joanna Volpe of New Leaf Literary & Media Inc.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Higa has dated –
- Tarynn Nago (2006-2010) – Ryan started dating fellow YouTube personality Tarynn Nago in 2006. In course of their relationship, Tarynn made a number of guest appearances in his videos. They decided to go separate ways in 2010.
- Andrea Thi (2010) – Ryan was reported to be dating a girl named Andrea Thi in 2010. They made their relationship public by posting a series of their pictures on their respective social media accounts. However, that relationship didn’t last beyond months and by the end of 2010, they had broken up.
- Arden Cho (2016-2020) – Towards mid-2016, Ryan was linked with model and actress, Arden Cho. They dated for over 4 years and separated in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Japanese descent.
Slight body frame
Ryan Higa has endorsed some brands and products through his social media and YouTube activity. He also might have endorsed some products indirectly by using them in his YouTube videos.
Best Known For
The immense popularity of his YouTube videos, which have more than collective 3 billion views. Overall, he has more than 20 million subscribers, thus, making him one of the most successful YouTube personalities.
In 2008, he made his film debut in the comedy movie, Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure.
First TV Show
In 2007, Ryan was first seen in the comedy TV series NigaHiga as himself. He appeared in 16 episodes until 2010.
Ryan Higa Favorite Things
- Color – Green
Source – Wikia.com
Ryan Higa Facts
- Initially, the lip-synced videos of popular songs played a huge role in making him popular. However, it created a problem for him in 2008 as many of his videos were taken down for copyright violations.
- In 2009, his YouTube account was temporarily suspended for copyright violations. He was asked to either remove his videos or change the audio of his videos.
- In 2012, he established Ryan Higa Production Company so that he could expand his area of work to the movies and create more original videos for his YouTube account.
- While growing up, he competed in judo and over the years, has managed to gain a black belt position in this martial arts form.
- He was a competitive wrestling player while growing up. He even used to represent his high school.
- In July 2006, he collaborated with Sean Fujiyoshi, Tim Enos, and Tarynn Nago (known as The Yabo Crew) to start YouTube Channel nigahiga. The niga stands for “rant” in Japanese.
- The nigahiga channel holds the distinction of being the first YouTube channel to garner more than 3 million subscribers. They reached this landmark in December 2010.
- His channel nigahiga also holds the record for being the first YouTube channel to be at the top of most subscriptions for more than 650 consecutive days.
- On March 25, 2021, he was banned on Twitch for almost 20 minutes. However, the streaming platform later reversed their decision and revealed that he was banned by mistake.