|Ryan Higa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1990|
Ryan Higa is an American comedian, internet personality, musician, YouTuber, actor, and voice artist who has garnered fame with his comedy videos on YouTube. His main YouTube channel, nigahiga, was the most subscribed channel on YouTube for 677 consecutive days from 2009-2011, an achievement that has only been surpassed by PewDiePie. Also, he has received several accolades including a Shorty Award and has been included in Forbes‘ “Top 30 Under 30” list as well as has been nominated for at least 3 more Shorty Awards, 6 Streamy Awards, and 5 Teen Choice Awards. Moreover, Ryan Higa has been a part of shows and movies such as Agents of Secret Stuff, I Heart Vampires, Tell Me How I Die, Single by 30, Finding ‘Ohana, Supah Ninjas, and The Book Club.
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Ryan Higa went to the Waiakea High School in his hometown and graduated in 2008.
Later, he got enrolled at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas to study nuclear science.
Comedian, YouTuber, Actor, Internet Personality, Musician, Voice Artist
- Father – Wendell Higa
- Mother – Luci Higa
- Siblings – Kyle Higa (Older Brother)
- Others – James Seishun “Jimmy” Higa (Paternal Grandfather), Bessie (Paternal Grandmother)
Ryan Higa has been managed by his mother Luci Higa.
He has also been represented by Joanna Volpe of New Leaf Literary & Media Inc.
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Higa has dated –
- Tarynn Nago (2006-2010) – Ryan started dating fellow YouTube personality Tarynn Nago in 2006. In course of their relationship, Tarynn made a number of guest appearances in his videos. They decided to go separate ways in 2010.
- Andrea Thi (2010) – Ryan was reported to be dating a girl named Andrea Thi in 2010. They made their relationship public by posting a series of their pictures on their respective social media accounts. However, that relationship didn’t last beyond months and by the end of 2010, they had broken up.
- Arden Cho (2016-2020) – Towards mid-2016, Ryan was linked with model and actress, Arden Cho. They dated for over 4 years and separated in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Japanese descent.
Slight body frame
Ryan Higa has endorsed some brands and products through his social media and YouTube activity. He also might have endorsed some products indirectly by using them in his YouTube videos.
Best Known For
The immense popularity of his YouTube videos, which have more than collective 3 billion views. Overall, he has more than 20 million subscribers, thus, making him one of the most successful YouTube personalities.
In 2008, he made his film debut in the comedy movie, Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure.
First TV Show
In 2007, Ryan was first seen in the comedy TV series NigaHiga as himself. He appeared in 16 episodes until 2010.
Ryan Higa Favorite Things
- Color – Green
Source – Wikia.com
Ryan Higa Facts
- As a child, he was diagnosed with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
- Initially, the lip-synced videos of popular songs played a huge role in making him popular. However, it created a problem for him in 2008 as many of his videos were taken down for copyright violations.
- In 2009, his YouTube account was temporarily suspended for copyright violations. He was asked to either remove his videos or change the audio of his videos.
- In 2012, he established Ryan Higa Production Company so that he could expand his area of work to the movies and create more original videos for his YouTube account.
- While growing up, he competed in judo and over the years, has managed to gain a black belt position in this martial arts form.
- He was a competitive wrestling player while growing up. He even used to represent his high school.
- In July 2006, he collaborated with Sean Fujiyoshi, Tim Enos, and Tarynn Nago (known as The Yabo Crew) to start YouTube Channel nigahiga. The niga stands for “rant” in Japanese.
- The nigahiga channel holds the distinction of being the first YouTube channel to garner more than 3 million subscribers. They reached this landmark in December 2010.
- He played the role of Scratch in the horror mystery thriller film, Tell Me How I Die, in 2016.
- His channel nigahiga also holds the record for being the first YouTube channel to be at the top of most subscriptions for more than 650 consecutive days.
- He endorsed Andrew Yang for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president.
- He was cast as Ryan in the 2021 family adventure film, Finding ‘Ohana, which stars Kea Peahu, Alex Aiono, Lindsay Watson, Owen Vaccaro, and Kelly Hu.
- He has also worked on songs like I’m Hardcore (ft. David Choi and JR Aquino), 8 Grapes (ft. David Choi), Millennial Love (ft. Kina Grannis), Exposed (ft. David Choi), and Ignored (ft. David Choi).
- He is a huge fan of the anime series Naruto.
- On March 25, 2021, he was banned on Twitch for almost 20 minutes. However, the streaming platform later reversed their decision and revealed that he was banned by mistake.