Kelly Ann Hu
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Kelly studied at the Maʻemaʻe Elementary School in Honolulu.
The actress pursued her graduation from Kamehameha Schools in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Kelly finally went to Pepperdine University.
Actress, voice artist, model
- Father – Herbert Hu (Salesman and Exotic Bird Breeder)
- Mother – Juanita Hu (Engineering Drafter)
- Siblings – Glenn Hu (Brother) (Resource Manager in United States Army)
- Others – Jenelle Riley (Cousin) (Playwright)
She is managed by –
- Untitled Entertainment
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Hu dated –
- Gordon Gilbertson – Kelly Hu was in a relationship with Gordon Gilbertson for a short period.
- Ahmad Ali Moussaoui (1996-1998) – The actress was in a relationship with Ahmad Ali Moussaoui from 1996 to 1998.
- Mitch Allan (2010-Present) – Kelly started dating the American singer Mitch Allan in 2010. They are still seeing each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Kelly Hu has native Hawaiian, English American, and Chinese American ancestry.
- Animated personality
- Humble nature
- Mostly portraying tough roles
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has done TV commercials for Mary Kay Cosmetics, Jack in the Box hamburger chain, Clothestime, Bud Light beer, Ricoh Cameras, Ivory Soap, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Dole Pineapple, Vidal Sassoon hair-care products, Thrifty Car Rental, Clothestirr Cameras and many others.
Kelly made an appearance in a public service announcement titled The Least Likely for the Center for Asian Americans United for Self-Empowerment in 2004.
She was named as the face of Viagra in 2015 and starred in many television commercials for the brand.
Best Known For
Kelly is known for playing the role of Sorceress Cassandra in The Scorpion King (2002), Sona in Cradle 2 the Grave (2003), Yuriko Oyama / Lady Deathstrike in X2 (2003), Lai Lai Zhen in The Tournament (2009) and May Chung in White Frog (2012).
In television, Hu is known for playing Pearl in The Vampire Diaries (2010-2011), China White in Arrow (2012-2015), Abigail Cho in Warehouse 13 (2013-2014), and as voice role of Oroku Karai / Hamato Miwa in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Kelly Hu made her film debut in 1989 with slasher film Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan as Eva Watanabe.
First TV Show
Her first television role was as Melia in ABC sitcom Growing Pains from 1987 to 1988 in three episodes.
She does not have a personal trainer.
But, she does exercise. In June 2015, she shared her post-workout image on Instagram.
Kelly Hu Favorite Things
- Game – Poker
- Food – Pork Lumpia (Fried Spring Rolls)
Kelly Hu Facts
- Kelly Hu has been into martial arts, singing and dancing since childhood and is a Karate black belt holder.
- The actress was Miss Teen USA 1985 and Miss Hawaii USA 1993. She became the third title holder of the Miss Teen USA pageant and the first Asian-American to win the title.
- Kelly lent her voice in many video games including dubbing as Visas Marr for the best-seller Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords, and as Lady Shiva in Batman: Arkham Origins.
- For the Battlefield Hardline video game, the actress lent her face and voice to the in-game character Khai Minh Dao.
- Hu is an active supporter of the Center for Asian Americans United for Self-Empowerment.
- Kelly Hu was on the cover of Maxim Magazine in May 2002 and May 2005.
- Being an enthusiastic Poker fan, she has been a part of the World Series of Poker, World Poker Tour, HollywoodPoker.com’s Celebrity Poker Night in May 2006 and the WPT Celebrity Charity match held on March 3, 2008.
- In July 2006, Kelly was ranked among the top 200 in the World Series of Poker Ladies Tournament out of over 1,000 participants of the game.
- In 2007, Hu took part in the Toyota Pro / Celebrity Race as a driver for raising funds for supporting children’s hospitals in the U.S.
- Hu took part in a video titled Yes We Can for Barack Obama in January 2008 and in February the same year, she was a campaigner for him.
- On June 10, 2008, the actress was an emcee for the Asian American Action Fund’s yearly fundraiser event.
- In April 2011, Kelly became the celebrity host for Save the Children’s Caring for Japan’s Keiki in support of the earthquake and tsunami victims.
- Hu is also a Hawaiian ecology activist and ran in support of the Reef Check Hawaii and completed the Honolulu Marathon successfully on December 10, 2006 for raising awareness about the organization.
- Kelly Hu supported the Shark Fin Ban that was effective in Hawaii in July 2011 which made possession, sale or distribution of shark fins an illegal activity.
- The actress has a pet dog whom she has named Mushu.
- You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.