|Amanda Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1986|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Amanda Murphy is an American fashion model, radiology technologist, and equestrienne who has done modeling work for a variety of brands and designers such as Giorgio Armani, Salvatore Ferragamo, Céline, DSquared2, Prada, and many more. She has been featured in several magazines such as Vogue, i-D, V, and T: The New York Times Style Magazine.
Amanda Jean Murphy
Chicago, Illinois, United States
She has done most of her schooling online due to her busy schedule as a model.
Because she has studied in the medical field (radiology tech), she had to take a break from modeling to complete her 2 years of in-hospital clinical training. Otherwise, she would have to repeat the college all over again.
Fashion / Runway model
- Father – Works for the railroad
- Mother – Is a nurse
- Siblings – She has three siblings. All are younger than her.
Amanda Murphy can be contacted via these agencies –
- Factor Women – Chicago (Mother Agency)
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Traffic Models – Barcelona / Madrid
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
56 kg or 123½ pounds
She has a boyfriend named Tom with whom she has engaged. He is a naturopath and personal trainer whose birthday falls on February 14 (Valentine’s Day).
Race / Ethnicity
- Long legs
- Wide smile
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Amanda has participated in advertising campaigns for Bottega Veneta, H&M Divided, Prada, Zara, HUGO, DSquared2, Salvatore Ferragamo, Saks Fifth Avenue (Retailer), Public School, Missoni, Celine, Trussardi, etc.
Best Known For
Working with brands like Prada, Trussardi, etc.
First Fashion Show
Amanda debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2009 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Josh Goot, and William Rast.
As per her interview given to Fashionista in June 2013, Amanda takes interest in boxing. This is the only workout she does. Though, she used to go to the gym earlier but didn’t like it much. So, she wasn’t able to keep herself consistent with the gym exercises.
Later as per February 2015 interview given to Vogue, she started working out 4 days a week in the gym. She does all cardio (like treadmill, elliptical trainer, jump rope, etc.), weight training, and exercises using resistance bands.
She also does horseback riding a lot.
For breakfast, she generally eats Oatmeal and fresh juice.
Amanda Murphy Favorite Things
- Food / Cuisine – Anything Italian
- TV Show – Lost (2004-2010), Sons Of Anarchy (2008-2014)
- Band – Tegan and Sara
- Photographer – Steven Meisel
- Favorite Off-Duty Look – Natural casual
- Hotel – The Edition in London
- Restaurant – Her fiancé’s home cooking
- Beauty Product – Cetaphil moisturizer, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, Estee Lauder advanced eye repair cream, SK-II facial mask
- Fragrance – Marc Jacobs Daisy
Source – Models.com, H&M, W Magazine
Amanda Murphy Facts
- Murphy was discovered at the age of 17 when she attended an open call in her hometown, Chicago.
- Amanda is the oldest in her family of 4 children.
- Horseback riding is her passion. But, her mom is afraid of horseback riding.
- As a child, Amanda was active in various sports like volleyball, basketball, horseback riding, and track events.
- Amanda has a female horse named, Jessie. She has had this horse since Jessie was 6 (and Amanda was 15 at that time). Jessie stays at a stable outside Chicago.
- She signed with IMG models in 2009.
- With modeling, she also used to work as a part-time radio technologist in Chicago. So, whenever she used to be free from modeling, she used to work in medical imaging for non-emergency patients.
- She is not much of a city girl and prefers the countryside.
- She enjoys going to concerts in the summer. It is her favorite thing.
- She also has a pet dog.
- Jessica Stam is her beauty icon.