|Cheryl Hines Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1965|
Cheryl Hines is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Cheryl in Curb Your Enthusiasm, Dallas Royce in Suburgatory, and Edie in Son of Zorn. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans, Nobodies, The Middle, The Crazy Ones, Love Bites, Hannah Montana, Reno 911!, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, Suddenly Susan, Unsolved Mysteries, A Bad Moms Christmas, Christmas Eve, The Benefactor, Labor Pains, Hollywood Residential, and many more. For her acting skills, Cheryl has won numerous awards such as the Gracie Award.
Cheryl Ruth Hines
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Cheryl Hines went to the Lively Technical Center.
She later got enrolled at the Tallahassee Community College in her hometown of Tallahassee.
After completing her high school education, she got admission at the West Virginia University. Later, she shifted to the Florida State University and eventually graduated from the University of Central Florida with a BA degree in Radio & Television.
She studied improvisation and comedy writing at The Groundlings School in Los Angeles. The popular actress Lisa Kudrow served as her tutor.
- Father – James Hines
- Mother – Rosemary Hines
- Siblings – Chris Hines (Brother), Becky Hines (Sister), Michael Hines (Brother)
- Others – James Earl Hines (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Smith (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Henry Graham (Maternal Grandfather), Rosaleine Agnes Horty (Maternal Grandmother)
Cheryl Hines is represented by Principal Entertainment.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cheryl Hines has dated
- Paul Young – After dating for some time, Chery got married to Paul Young in December 2002. Paul is the founder of the management firm Principato-Young. In March 2004, she gave birth to a daughter, Catherine Rose Young. In July 2010, her representative announced that she had filed to get a divorce from Young after eight-years long marriage.
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr (2011-Present) – Cheryl started dating activist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, who is the nephew of ex-President John F. Kennedy, towards the end of 2011. Their relationship was made formal in December 2011. They had reportedly been introduced by comedian Larry David, who was her co-star in Curb your Enthusiasm. Their relationship was firmly in news in May 2012 after Kennedy’s estranged former wife Mary Kennedy committed suicide after battling depression. In June 2012, dismayed by the negative publicity and apparent guilt over being the cause of Mary’s suicide, she was thinking about ending their relationship. However, they managed to pull through. In August 2014, they got married in a lavish ceremony held at the iconic Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, Mass. After her marriage to Robert, she became stepmother to his six children – Robert Francis Kennedy III (b. September 2, 1984), Kathleen Alexandra Kennedy (b. April 13, 1988), Conor Richard Kennedy (b. July 24, 1994), Kyra LeMoyne Kennedy (b. August 22, 1995), William Finbar Kennedy (b. November 8, 1997) and Aiden Caohman Vieques Kennedy (b. July 13, 2001). In February 2017, it was rumored that they were about to divorce. She was heartbroken over his alleged affair with NYC socialite Chelsea Chapman Kirwan. Plus, she was fed up of her bratty stepchildren. However, they managed to pull through once again.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and English ancestry.
- Defined jawline
- Petite figure
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She was raised in a Catholic household.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of leading character’s wife in the comedy series, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Her work in the series helped her land two Emmy nominations.
- Having played the role of Dallas Royce in the ABC sitcom, Suburgatory.
In 2004, she made her film debut in a minor role in the romantic comedy, Along Came Polly.
First TV Show
In 1993, Cheryl made her first TV show appearance in an episode of the science fiction series, Swamp Thing: The Series.
Cheryl keeps herself fit and trim even in her advanced age by working out regularly. She exercises at least 3 times a week and is a big fan of yoga and Pilates classes, which helps take care of her aging muscles.
However, if due to the busy schedule she can’t make it to classes, she tries to walk at least one mile on the treadmill. She also likes paddle boarding and skiing. So, overall she maintains an active lifestyle.
When it comes to diet, she loves to eat a big breakfast, which among other things includes eggs and toast. However, she doesn’t mind anything her mind and taste buds fancies because she believes no matter what you eat, it won’t harm you as you have the entire day to work it off.
Cheryl Hines Facts
- In 2009, she made her directorial debut with the black comedy movie, Serious Moonlight, which had Meg Ryan and Kristen Bell in leading roles.
- In January 2014, she was honored with her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at famed 6621 Hollywood Boulevard in California.
- Before finding fame as an actress and comedian, she also served as a personal assistant to director Rob Reiner.
- She has done activism work for United Cerebral Palsy organization. She got attached to the organization after her nephew was diagnosed with palsy in his childhood.
- She has also been included in the Board of Trustees of United Cerebral Palsy. In July 2015, Cheryl and her family won almost $25,000 for UCP.
- She has participated in the Celebrity Blackjack event, which was held in support of March of Dimes, a non-profit organization that aims to prevent premature birth, birth defects, and lower infant mortality.
- In 2020, Cheryl started serving as the co-host of the podcast, Tig and Cheryl: True Story along with Tig Notaro.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY 2.0