|Dascha Polanco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dascha Polanco is a Dominican actress and voice artist who is best known for playing Dayanara “Daya” Diaz in the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black. In addition to that, some of her other on-screen roles include playing Carmel in Gimme Shelter, Sheila “Pressy” Wells in The Perfect Match, Jackie in Joy, Det. Lori Wieder in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Elena in When They See Us, Beatrice in Russian Doll, Nurse in The Irishman, and Patti Hitchens in Evil.
Dascha Yolaine Polanco
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Dascha got her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Hunter College. She has also studied nursing at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, New York City.
Moreover, Dascha has attended Break Into Hollywood (BIH) studios in New York.
Actress, Voice Artist
- Father – Rubén Darío Polanco (Mechanic)
- Mother – Janet Polanco (Cosmetologist)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and a younger sister.
She has been signed with these agencies –
- Shirley Grant Management
- The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has previously been engaged to a person but she didn’t reveal the name of that guy.
After being in the relationship for several years, she finally called off her engagement of 6 years.
When she was 18 (in 2013), she became a mother. She has three kids.
Also, she dated Travis Scott, the popular rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer, in the year 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
She has Dominican Republic (African and Spanish) ancestry.
She is always seen with multi-colored hair. Sometimes, she is supporting purple-colored hair, pink hair, magenta hair, gray hair, etc.
- Curvy figure
- Buxom figure
41-30-42 in or 104-76-107 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She has appeared in an Old Navy TV commercial.
Dascha has also been featured in NFL’s Women’s Apparel line in 2015 alongside other ladies like Alyssa Milano, Jamie Chung, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Dayanara Diaz in the comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black
Dascha first appeared in the 2013 independent drama film Gimme Shelter for her role as Caramel.
First TV Show
In 2011, Dascha appeared in the police procedural drama series Unforgettable for her role as Estella in just 1 episode.
Dascha Polanco Favorite Things
- Lip Color – N*de
Source – Mimi Chatter
Dascha Polanco Facts
- When Dascha was young, she relocated with her family to the United States from the Dominican Republic.
- Polanco, for the most part, was raised in US-based cities Brooklyn (in New York) and Miami by her parents.
- Dascha wanted to be an actress from a young age. But, she didn’t audition because of her weight.
- She has worked as a nurse in the healthcare industry and hospital administrator at Montefiore Medical Center.
- She got the courage to audition for film roles and work in the entertainment industry when she was working as a nurse.
- Alongside Terrence J, Cassie Ventura, Donald Faison, Robert Christopher Riley, Lauren London, Joe Pantoliano, and Paula Patton, she co-starred as Sheila “Pressy” Wells in the 2016 American romantic comedy film, The Perfect Match.
- Her mom died when she was young and due to all this, she has faced depression issues.
- Just 2 years Dascha’s senior Elizabeth Rodriguez played the role of her mother in Orange is the New Black.
- Her first full-time acting job came with the role of Dayanara Diaz in the Orange Is the New Black.
- In 2018, she appeared in the recurring role of Det. Lori Wieder in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, the 2nd season of the FX true crime anthology television series American Crime Story.
- Dascha was seen as Beatrice, Alan’s girlfriend to whom he is going to propose, in the American comedy-drama streaming television series, Russian Doll, in 2019.
- She was cast as a nurse in the 2019 American epic crime film, The Irishman, starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Ray Romano, Bobby Cannavale, Anna Paquin, Stephen Graham, and Harvey Keitel.
She is NOT 5’5 and 160 pounds.
I’m the same but do not look nearly as heavy as her, sorry.
Put your claws away honey…she looks gorgeous.
Agree. She’s gorgeous and everything but 160 pounds is so inaccurate. Waist 30 inch also doesn’t seem correct
No way is she 160 or 174lbs, this is why kids have so many body issues, talking nonsense. I have met her and she very kindly gave me her autograph. I weigh 165lbs and I’m 5ft 4 (164cm). Height wise I would say there wasn’t much difference but she was definitely heavier then I was. My twin sister is the same height as me and she weighs 184lbs, I think this is closer to what she was.
The amount of actresses who are claiming they’re skinnier then they are is ridiculous, same goes for actors claiming how tall they are when in fact they’re like a foot shorter in reality.