|Jaleel White Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jaleel White is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, producer, and writer who shot to fame after portraying the character of Steve Urkel on the sitcom titled Family Matters (1989-1998). He has since worked in numerous films and TV series in lead, supporting, and cameo roles. Jaleel is also known for starring as J in the sitcom titled Grown Ups for which he wrote and co-produced some of the episodes.
Jaleel Ahmad White
Culver City, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jaleel had studied at the Henry E. Huntington Middle School in San Marino, California. He then attended the John Marshall Fundamental High School and the South Pasadena High School, both in Pasadena, California. He later got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles from where he graduated with a degree in film and television, in 2001.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Producer, Writer
- Father – Michael White (Dentist)
- Mother – Gail White
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaleel has dated –
- Bridget Hardy (2006–2012) – Jaleel and actress Bridget Hardy began dating in 2006. They have a daughter together named Samaya White (b. 2009). The couple parted ways in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Flattop haircut
- High-pitched voice
- Often sports a trimmed goatee
- Has a mole on his left cheek
Jaleel has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Toys R Us (1982)
- Oreo (1984)
- Pepsi (1985)
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (1985)
- Spaghetti-O’s (1987)
- Apple Jacks (1988)
- Jell-O Pudding Pops
Jaleel White Facts
- He began acting from a very early age after one of his pre-school teachers advised his parents to explore the option. He acted in his first TV commercial at the age of just 3.
- When he was initially selected to portray the character of Steve Urkel on the sitcom titled Family Matters, it was just meant to be a one-time guest appearance. However, as his performance was highly appreciated by fans of the show who were sitting in the studio audience while he was shooting, he was made a regular cast member.
- After his stint on Family matters ended in 1998, he portrayed Steve Urkel for the first time in 2019 in the animated TV series Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
- Jaleel is the first actor to have lent his voice to the character Sonic the Hedgehog. He did so for the animated shows Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic SatAM, and Sonic Underground. He also voiced the character in the 2013 Sonic fan film.
- In 2012, he participated as a contestant in the 14th season the reality TV series Dancing with the Stars and was eliminated in the 7th place.
Featured Image by Jaleel White / Instagram