|Ricky Whittle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1981|
Ricky Whittle is a British actor who shot up to fame after appearing as a model for the famous sports brand, Reebok, in the early 2000s. He is also known for playing various roles such as Calvin Valentine in the British soap opera Hollyoaks, a recurring role as Daniel Zamora on ABC’s Mistresses in 2014, as Charles on VH-1’s Single Ladies, as Lincoln on The CW’s post-apocalyptic drama The 100, and as Shadow Moon in the Starz television series, American Gods. He has a huge social media fan base where he has more than a million followers on Instagram and over 500k followers on Twitter.
Oldham, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ricky attended Southampton Solent University where he studied Law. But, he dropped out of law school just before graduation.
- Father – Harry Whittle (Royal Air Force)
- Mother – Maggie (Goodwin) Whittle
- Siblings – Debbie Antonio (Younger Sister) (Trainee Solicitor), Chris Whittle (Younger Brother)
He is represented by –
- Denton Brierley (Talent Agency), London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Ken Jacobson, Manager, Ken Jacobson Management, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Rossmore Personal Management Alison (Talent Agency), London, England, United Kingdom
- Mike Liotta, Publicist, True Public Relations, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky has dated –
- Carley Stenson (2007-2009) – Ricky started dating British actress and his Hollyoaks co-star, Carley Stenson, in 2007. According to reports, he cheated on his girlfriend with model Charlie Allen whom he met in a Syndicate nightclub in Blackpool in October 2009. After that, Ricky and Carley separated in 2009.
- Natalie Lowe (2009) – Ricky was rumored to be dating Australian dancer Natalie Lowe in 2009, while he was also in a relationship with Carley Stenson.
- Jessica Szohr (2012) – Whittle dated American actress Jessica Szohr in 2012. Initially, those were just rumors but they soon got confirmed after the couple was spotted together at various public places like Los Angeles International airport. He also used to visit her on the set of her movie. However, their relationship didn’t last for too long. They separated in 2012 after dating for only a couple of months.
- Rumer Willis (2014) – Ricky was in a relationship with American actress Rumer Willis, daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis. After dating for a couple of months, they separated in 2014.
- Kirstina Colonna (2016-Present) – Whittle started dating Los Angeles based blogger, model, and actress, Kirstina Colonna, in early 2016. They were seen together at various public places including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Jamaican descent on his father side while he has British ancestry on his mother side.
- Muscular body
- Towering height
He has endorsed the following brands through his Instagram account –
- Avant L’oeil
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Venom Builds
In the year 2000, Whittle became the face of Reebok.
Best Known For
Playing various roles such as Calvin Valentine in the British soap opera Hollyoaks, a recurring role as Daniel Zamora on ABC’s Mistresses in 2014, as Charles on VH-1’s Single Ladies, as Lincoln on The CW’s post-apocalyptic drama The 100, and as Shadow Moon in the Starz television series, American Gods
He made his theatrical film debut as Captain East in the romantic comedy film Austenland in 2013.
First TV Show
Ricky made his first TV show appearance as Ryan Naysmith on the sports drama series, Dream Team, in 2002.
For the role of Shadow Moon in the series, American Gods, Ricky transformed his body under the guidance of strength and conditioning coach, Brett Bartholomew. The actor used to train for 4 hours a day. According to his coach, it was an intense training which demanded a 3-way strategy: multi-joint movements, ground-based movements that mimicked real-life and sport, and also a multi-planar training that covered rotational, side-to-side, and front-to-back movements.
The training basically included using equipment like bands and balls, slamming sandbags, and also doing a lot of lateral lunges, but at the same time lifting heavy weights as well to maintain muscles. His workout routine mostly consisted of bodyweight exercises such as weighted pull-ups with a vest, lunges with 50kg weights. During a workout session, he used to take a protein shake and some BCAAs.
When it came to his diet, he focused on eating a healthy and clean diet. He had to strictly follow his diet to get better results. He mostly consumed dry chicken, brown rice, and broccoli and used to eat 5 to 6 meals a day.
Ricky Whittle Facts
- His father was in the Royal Air Force so his family had to travel the world to different locations.
- Because he was the only black guy in the school in Northern Ireland, he was bullied by other kids at the school. He even used to tell his mother that he wanted to be white so that he could fit in and feel like other kids.
- Ricky began modeling so that he could pay for his law school books.
- He moved to Los Angeles in the summer of 2011 to pursue his modeling career and since then, he hasn’t looked back.
- Ricky has publicly accused the creator of the show, The 100, Jason Rothenberg of bullying him into quitting the series by diminishing his character.
- Ricky signed with the talent and literary agency, William Morris Endeavor, on April 16, 2018.
- He was spotted to play as a professional footballer for Arsenal and Celtic football clubs but due to one of his injuries, he was left unfit to play football professionally.
- Ricky was a military brat when he was young.
- He has played a character named Lincoln twice, once in NCIS and then again in The 100.
- Visit his official website @ rickywhittle.com.
- Follow Ricky Whittle on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ricky Whittle / Instagram