|Alma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alma is a French singer and songwriter who had released her debut solo studio album titled Ma Peau Aime in May 2017 and it had peaked at number 33 in France. She has also released several singles, the most popular of which was the 2017 track titled Requiem which had peaked at number 5 on the French charts. It had later been selected to represent France at the year’s Eurovision Song Contest, an annual international song competition featuring competitors from numerous European nations.
Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Alma had completed most of her elementary and secondary education in France and had also spent a year at an American high school in Miami, around the age of 16. After returning to France and completing her high schooling, she had joined the prestigious IÉSEG School of Management in Lille. She had graduated from there in 2011. During her stint there, she had also spent a year, as an exchange student, at the School of Economics, Management, Accounting, and Actuarial Sciences – FEA – USP, a department in the University of São Paulo in Brazil.
- Father – Alain Maquet (Businessman)
- Mother – Marie-Pierre Maquet (née Ruiz) aka MPM (Painter, Contemporary Artist)
- Siblings – She has 3 younger sisters.
- Others – Joseph Antoine Ruiz (Maternal Grandfather), Christiane Orosco (Maternal Grandmother)
Warner Music France
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She is of French descent on her father’s side and Spanish (Valencian) descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or red.
- Petite frame
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Although neither of Alma’s parents was involved with music, she had developed a love for music from a very early age and had taken singing and piano lessons during her school days.
- When she was 16 years old, due to her father’s business, her family had moved to Miami from France. After a year there, she had returned to France on her own and had studied at a management school. During this time, she had also spent a year as an exchange student in São Paulo, Brazil. Her myriad travel experiences around the world have made her fluent in both Italian and Portuguese, in addition to French and English.
- After graduating from the IÉSEG School of Management, she had worked as an assistant manager at an Abercrombie & Fitch outlet in Milan, Italy. A few months later, she had moved to Brussels where she began composing original tracks of her own, finally getting back to pursuing her childhood dream of a music career.
- The first composition of hers that was published was in early 2012 and was titled Gone. The song was dedicated to the memory of a close friend of hers, from elementary school, who had passed away in a traffic accident in 2009.
- Although her stage name, Alma, was made up using the first 2 letters of her first and last name, it also means ‘Soul’ and ‘Little Girl’.
Featured Image by Alma / Instagram