|Caroline Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1988|
Caroline Smith is an American singer, songwriter, and author who is best known for being a founding member of the band “Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps”. She and her bandmates have released several albums such as Little Wind (2011) and Backyard Tent Set (2008). She is also an author who has written several e-books such as How to Train Your Border Collie (2006) and Isle of Man in the Great War (2015). Caroline is also an avid social media user.
Minnesota, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2006, Caroline moved to Minnesota to attend classes at the University of Minnesota.
Singer, Songwriter, Author
- Mother – Martha Smith
Caroline is represented by –
- Maria Egan of PULSE Recordings
- Wilson Zheng and Frank Riley of High Road Touring
Alternative, Indie, Folk-rock, R&B, Pop-rock
- Neon Gold Records/Atlantic Records
- United Interests
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Light Brown’.
Short messy hair
Best Known For
Being a founding member of the band called Caroline Smith and The Good Night Sleeps
As a member of the band Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps, the first album they released was titled Backyard Tent Set. The album consisted of 10 songs such as Tying My Shoes and Closing The Door. The songs in the album have been described to be recorded in storybook folk with an indie twist. It was released on August 14, 2008, under the label United Interests.
As a solo artist, she released her debut album titled Half About Being A Woman on October 8, 2013. The album consisted of 9 songs in total. It was released under the label United Interests.
Caroline Smith Favorite Things
- Curse Word – C*nt
Source – TheShowLastNight.com
Caroline Smith Facts
- She was brought up in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.
- Caroline was quite young when her father began to teach her the guitar.
- She was 16 years old when she performed in front of a crowd at a joint called Zorbaz Pizza. Caroline also did an opening gig for the legendary blues singer and songwriter B.B. King.
- After moving to Minnesota, she started a residency at the Cedar-Riverside’s 400 Bar, where she met her bandmate drummer Arlen Peiffer.
- In 2011, she met multi-instrumentalist, Alex Ramsey. She discovered him after he did an opening gig for her.
- During her teenage years, she used to sit in her bathroom and imagine herself on the main stage of First Avenue while she played her guitar and sung to herself.
- In the past, she became a member of the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota.
- TLC and The Notorious B.I.G. are her biggest inspirations in her music career.
- The song “Let Em Say” by Lizzo & Caroline Smith was used by Target for a TV commercial in 2017.
- In 2018, she went from being known as Caroline Smith to “Your Smith” with the launch of her new project which she had begun in June that year. She made this change in order to put an end to her R&B stream of songs and focus more on Pop-rock genre.
- Visit her official website @ yoursmithforever.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Caroline Smith / Instagram