|Alphonso Davies Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 2000|
Alphonso Davies is a Canadian professional soccer player who has represented Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer (MLS) and German club FC Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, as a winger and left-back. A child prodigy, he began his senior career in his teens and was the first player born in the 2000s to play in an MLS game. In 2017, he also became the youngest ever player to both represent Canada and score a goal for the men’s national team. Alphonso was named ‘Canada Under-17 Male Player of the Year’ in both 2016 and 2017 and was named ‘Canadian Men’s Player of the Year’ in 2018.
Alphonso Boyle Davies
Buduburam, Gomoa East District, Ghana
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Alphonso had attended the Mother Teresa Catholic School in Ontario, Canada.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Debeah Davies
- Mother – Victoria Davies
- Siblings – He has 2 younger siblings.
- 12 – Canada
- 67 – Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 19 – FC Bayern Munich
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alphonso has dated –
- Jordyn Huitema (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Liberian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Charming smile
- Sports a thin mustache
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturer Nike.
Alphonso Davies Facts
- Alphonso’s parents fled their native Liberia during the ‘Second Liberian Civil War’ and stayed in Buduburam, a refugee camp in Ghana. He was born there and when he was 5 years old, his parents relocated to Canada. Alphonso officially received his Canadian citizenship only in June 2017.
- When he joined Vancouver-based 2nd-tier club Whitecaps FC 2 in early 2016, he was the youngest player (15 years and 3 months) to sign a USL (United Soccer League) contract. In May 2016, he became the then youngest player to score a USL goal.
- After graduating to the Vancouver Whitecaps FC and stringing together a series of strong performances, he attracted the attention of several major European clubs and was eventually signed up by FC Bayern Munich for a then-record transfer fee for an MLS player.
- At the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup, he won the ‘Golden Boot’ award and was named in the tournament’s ‘Best XI’.
- In October 2019, he scored the opening goal in a 2-0 win for Canada against the United States in a CONCACAF Nations League match. It was Canada’s first soccer win against their southern neighbors in 34 years.
- In November 2022, during the FIFA World Cup 2022 which was held in Qatar, Alphonso scored the goal in 68 seconds and hence became the fastest goal scorer in that edition of the FIFA world cup in a match between Canada against Croatia. He also scored Canada’s first-ever goal at the FIFA World Cup.
Featured Image by Alphonso Davies / Instagram