|Amanda Holden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amanda Holden is an English actress and media personality who is best known for having served as a judge on the TV series, Britain’s Got Talent and for portraying roles such as Geraldine Titley in The Grimleys, Louise Slaney in Hearts and Bones, and Sarah Trevanion in Wild at Heart. She has also appeared in several other TV shows and films such as EastEnders, Goodness Gracious Me, Hale and Pace, Jonathan Creek, Smack the Pony, Top of the Pops 2, Mad About Alice, French and Saunders, Angela and Friends, A League of Their Own, Lorraine, Neighbours, Intimate Relations, One Chance, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like The Sound of Music, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Stepping Out. Amanda has also published books like No Holding Back and The Curious Tale of Fi-Rex.
Amanda Louise Holden
Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire, England
Richmond, London, England
Amanda graduated from Swanmore College in Meon Valley, Hampshire, England.
Subsequently, she went to a drama school Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in North London.
Holden also attended Bishop’s Waltham Little Theatre Company.
She has studied acting at The Jellicoe Theatre in Poole.
- Father – Frank Holden
- Mother – Judith Mary Harrison
- Siblings – Debbie Holden (Younger Sister) (Model)
She is signed to Troika Talent Agency – London.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Holden married –
- George Asprey (1992) – In 1992, Amanda dated actor George Asprey.
- Les Dennis (1995-2003) – Amanda married comedian Les Dennis in 1995. After Amanda was romantically linked to actor Neil Morrissey by the media, the duo Les Dennis and Amanda had a brief split in 2000. The relationship finally saw an end in December 2002. Their divorce was finalized in 2003.
- Chris Hughes (2003-Present) – Amanda, then started dating record producer Chris Hughes in 2003. They engaged in February 2004. On January 20, 2006, Amanda gave birth to her first child, a daughter named, Alexa Louise Florence Hughes. The couple Chris and Amanda married at Babington House on December 10, 2008. In 2010, due to a miscarriage, the couple lost their son. Finally, despite medical complications, she gave birth to her second daughter, Hollie Rose Hughes on January 23, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Amanda appeared in commercials for “The News of the World newspaper” (2010), “Tesco stores ‘Christmas Gifts'” (2010), Danone Oykos yogurt (2012), and “PETA animal rights organization” (2001).
Best Known For
Judging the talent show competition Britain’s Got Talent since 2007
In 1996, Amanda appeared in a comedy-drama film Intimate Relations for her role as Pamela.
First TV Show
In 1991, Amanda appeared as a contestant in the dating game show Blind Date in an episode dated September 21, 1991.
Yoga is the secret behind her svelte and enviable figure. She also ditched Spanx after that as she didn’t find the need for them.
In March 2014, it was revealed by Mirror that she also started taking juices to make her health better, and skin more glowing. She is having these vegetable juices (or smoothies) since the start of the year 2014 for two times in a week. Jason Vale’s juices are delivered to her home, which helps in killing any bad bacterias.
Amanda Holden Favorite Things
- TV Dinner – Pasta with pesto
Source – TheGuardian.com
Amanda Holden Facts
- Amanda released her autobiography “No Holding Back” in October 2013, which also became Sunday Times Best Seller.
- She served as the gossip columnist for the newspaper “News of the World” (now defunct) in July 2009.
- She was not able to see her daughter Hollie for three days after giving birth as both mother and child were in danger. Hollie was having difficulty in breathing and Amanda needed some blood transfusions due to blood loss.
- On April 13, 2008, Amanda ran a London marathon and completed it in 4 hours and 13 minutes.
- Amanda is the ambassador for “Battersea Dogs and Cats Home”.
- In October 2020, she released her debut studio album titled Songs from My Heart.
- In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Amanda raised money for the National Health Service (NHS).