|Amit Sadh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1983|
Amit Sadh is an alumnus of Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute and did his schooling from Lucknow. But, he didn’t go to college. He paused his formal education after 12th standard. Amit, who has no siblings, was seen in the web series Breathe in 2018. His both mom and dad also passed away when he was a teenager.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amit Sadh completed his grade 12 education from La Martiniere College in Lucknow.
To polish up his performance skills, he took two years acting course at Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in New York City.
- Father – His father was in Indian army.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He is the only child.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amit Sadh has dated
- Neeru Bajwa (2004-2012) – Amit Sadh started going out with Punjabi actress in 2004. They had grown close while working on the TV show, Guns and Roses. Their love and relationship found a place in the public domain in 2006 during his time in the reality show, Bigg Boss, as Sadh was often seen missing his lady love. They also participated in Nach Baliye in 2005. They were reported to be living together. One source claimed that they had got married. But the marriage couldn’t be verified from other sources. But it was reported by several sources that they had got engaged. However, it can’t be denied they were very much in love and Amit even tried to get her a foothold in Bollywood so that they could spend time together. However, Bollywood proved to be their undoing. It was rumored that she had an affair with director Sajid Khan and decided to leave Amit Sadh. Although he later revealed that their breakup left him shattered, he didn’t divulge the cause of their breakup in any of his interviews.
- Niharika Khan (2012-2013) – In the early months of 2013, it was reported that Sadh was going out with costume designer Niharika Khan, who had just divorced her husband Ayub Khan. It was even claimed that Niharika had thrown a New Year Eve’s party for her new boyfriend.
- Taapsee Pannu (2013) – Amit Sadh was first linked with actress Taapsee Pannu in 2013. It was reported that they were spotted together in Mumbai on a couple of occasions. Amit himself has lent a huge help to these rumors. In his June 2014 interview with Bollywood Hungama, he claimed that he was in love with Taapsee. However, he claimed that he was waiting for her to end her relationship with someone else so that he could finally date her. Plus, they starred in a very steamy advert for Wild Stone around that time.
- Annabel DaSilva – Amit was then linked with a girl named Annabel DaSilva.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Good looks
Amit Sadh has appeared in TV commercials for the following
- Wild Stone
- Magic Bricks
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the leading roles in the drama movie, Kai Po Che, which was based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel The 3 Mistakes of My Life.
- Having played supporting roles in popular movies such as Sultan and Sarkar 3.
- Having appeared in a host of reality TV shows such as Bigg Boss, Nach Baliye, and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
In 2010, Amit made his theatrical film debut in the horror drama, Phoonk 2, which was directed by Ram Gopal Varma.
First TV Show
In 2002, Amit Sadh made his first TV show appearance in the Star Plus teen drama Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr.
Amit Sadh relies on the guidance of his personal trainer Viraj Sarmalkar with whom he has been working for over a decade to achieve his fitness and aesthetical goals. Viraj helped him lose 6 kg for his role in Yaara and then, he helped him gain 22 kg for the role of a 45 years old man in the same movie.
Even when he is very busy with his work, he makes it a point to workout at the end of the day as he finds working out relaxing as well. He has also made it a point to meditate every day.
When it comes to his diet, Amit makes sure that he is eating low carb and high protein food. He has completely given up eating rotis and spicy veggie dishes. He has also given up milk. He has also tempered with his high coffee consumption and has limited himself to about a single cup of black coffee per day.
His daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – Eggs and oats
- Lunch – He prefers fish and rice for his lunch. Sometimes, he replaces fish with chicken.
- Evening Snack – He curbs his evening hunger pangs with a tuna salad.
- Dinner – Chicken salad
Amit Sadh Favorite Things
- Sport – Football
- Political Figure – Narendra Modi
- Directors, He Want To Work With – Farhan Akhtar, Anurag Kashyap, and Rajkumar Hirani
- Street Food – Hot Dog
- Ultimate Adventure Movie – Point Break (1991)
- Movie He Wishes He Had Acted In – Casablanca (1942)
- Food – Mutton Biryani and carrot cake
- Bollywood Idol – Amitabh Bachchan
- Inspiration – Al Pacino
Source – Hindustan Times, Film Fare, Daily Pioneer, Times of India
Amit Sadh Facts
- He spent his complete first pay cheque to go for holidays.
- If he hadn’t become an actor, he would have loved to become a professional football player.
- His parents passed away when Amit was in his teens.
- In his free time, he likes to indulge in adventure sports with skydiving being very high on his list.
- After completion of his school education, he decided to move to Delhi from Lucknow.
- In his early struggling days in Delhi, he did a number of odd jobs to keep himself financially afloat. These jobs included working as a waiter, security guard, and newspaper vendor.
- He was introduced to acting by Prakash Bhatia, who decided to cast Sadh in his play Ek Salesman Ki Maut, which was based on legendary Arthur Miller’s play.
- In December 2021, it was revealed that Amit had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Amit Sadh / Instagram