|Amy Coney Barrett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1972|
|Spouse||Jesse M. Barrett|
Amy Coney Barrett is an American lawyer, jurist, and former academic who has served as an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. She was nominated by President Donald Trump and became the 5th woman to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States, succeeding the iconic Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Amy Vivian Coney
Amy Coney Barrett, Justice Barrett
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
South Bend, Indiana, United States
Amy studied at St. Mary’s Dominican High School, an all-girls Roman Catholic high school, and graduated in 1990. She was appointed the student body vice president of the high school.
Later, she got enrolled at Rhodes College and majored in English literature and minored in French. In 1994, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude and was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa and Phi Beta Kappa. Also, Barrett was named the most outstanding English department graduate in her graduating class. Afterward, she joined the Notre Dame Law School on a full-tuition scholarship and graduated in 1997 ranked first in her class with a Juris Doctor summa cum laude. She also served as an executive editor of the Notre Dame Law Review.
Lawyer, Jurist, Former Academic
- Father – Michael Coney (Worked as an attorney for Shell Oil Company)
- Mother – Linda (née Vath) (High school French teacher, Homemaker)
- Siblings – Michael Coney (Younger Brother), Megan Coney Edwards (Younger Sister). Amy also has 4 other younger sisters.
- Others – Alvin Joseph Coney (Paternal Grandfather), Vivian Agnes Chasez (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Nicholas “Bobby” Vath (Maternal Grandfather), Jeanne Marie Daste (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Coney Barrett has dated –
- Jesse M. Barrett (1999-Present) – She married Jesse M. Barrett, fellow Notre Dame Law School graduate, in 1999. He has been a partner at SouthBank Legal – LaDue Curran & Kuehn LLC, in South Bend, Indiana, and a law professor at Notre Dame Law School. The duo parents 7 children, two of whom were adopted from Haiti. Also, their youngest biological child has been diagnosed with Down syndrome.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Cajun French, Irish, German, and smaller amounts of English and Swedish descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
She was raised in a devout Catholic household.
Amy Coney Barrett Facts
- From 2017 to 2020, she worked as a United States circuit judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- On October 27, 2020, Amy Coney Barrett became the 103rd associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- She became the youngest woman to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States in 2020.
- She opposes abortion.
- In the summer of 2020, she tested positive for COVID-19 and has since recovered.
- Amy Coney has been described as a textualist and an originalist (of the original-public-meaning, rather than original-intent, variety).
Featured Image by Rachel Malehorn / smugmug.com / CC BY 3.0