|Martina McBride Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1966|
Martina McBride is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who has released multiple albums like The Time Has Come, White Christmas, Evolution, Timeless, The Way That I Am, Wild Angels, Martina, Waking Up Laughing, Eleven, Emotion, It’s the Holiday Season, Shine, Reckless, and Everlasting. Known for her soprano singing range and her country pop material, she has won the Country Music Association’s “Female Vocalist of the Year” award 4 times and the Academy of Country Music’s “Top Female Vocalist” award 3 times.
Martina Mariea Schiff
Martina McBride, Mariea, Marti, The Celine Dion of Country Music
Sharon, Kansas, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Martina McBride grew up on a dairy farm in a small countryside that had a very little population. She went to the local school and finished her high school graduation with only nine other students in her class. Later, she was offered a scholarship in the local college, but, she only attended a single semester and left her education to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Daryl Schiff (Farmer and Cabinetry Shop Owner)
- Mother – Jeanne Schiff (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Martin Schiff (Brother), Steve Schiff (Brother), Gina Schiff (Sister)
- Others – Kenneth Lawrence Schiff (Paternal Grandfather), Maxine Phyllis Martin (Paternal Grandmother), Theodore Medford “Ted” Delano (Maternal Grandfather), Juanita Hazel Dodd (Maternal Grandmother)
Martina McBride has been represented by the Morris Management Group, Inc. (Music Artists Management Company), United States.
Country, Country Pop
Vocals, Tambourine, Piano, Harmonica
RCA Nashville, Republic Nashville, Vinyl Recordings, Kobalt, NASH Icon
Her net worth had been $45 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
128 lbs or 58 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Martina McBride has been married to –
- John McBride (1987-Present) – McBride was a studio sound engineer and offered a space to Martina for her rehearsals in 1987. The couple started seeing each other quite often and got married on May 15, 1988. The couple shifted to Nashville, Tennessee and started their journey towards establishing a career in country music. They have three children together – Delaney Katharine (born – December 22, 1994), Emma Justine (born – March 29, 1998), and Rose Kathleen (born – June 20, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
The singer has traces of English, German, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), Irish, Scottish and remote Cornish, French, Belgian (both Flemish and Walloon), and Welsh ancestry.
- Powerful Voice
- Soulful and Passionate Music
- Attractive Eyes
Martina McBride’s body specifications corresponding to bust-waist-hip might be 36-27-32 in or 91.5-68.5-81 cm.
Martina McBride may have been wearing a dress size of 4 (US).
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Martina McBride first appeared in the print ad for Motrin Pain Reliever in 2002.
She has also appeared in TV Commercials for Wal-Mart in 2005 and SunnyD (Sunny Delight Beverage Company) in 2010.
Best Known For
Martina McBride has been better known since the release of her second album ‘The Way that I Am.’ The two songs “My Baby Loves Me” and “Life No. 9” were listed in the top ten songs in US charts.
Martina McBride first released her studio album The Time has Come in 1992 through the label RCA Nashville. The album was produced by Paul Worley and Ed Seay.
Martina McBride appeared as a performer in the 1992 comedy-drama movie The Muppet Christmas Carol. She sang the song “When Love is Gone.”
First TV Show
Martina McBride’s first TV show was an episode from the action drama TV Series Baywatch where she performed the songs “Life 9,” and “My Baby Loves Me” in 1994.
Martina McBride has not employed any personal trainer to stay fit. She, however, is a regular visitor to the gyms and works out for 40 minutes. She does cardio and weight training twice a week essentially. She indulges in cardio along with weights on the elliptical or the treadmill.
Additionally, the country singer/songwriter also does yoga, lunges, and crunches to keep her body in perfect shape.
The most effective part of Martina’s healthy body is her balanced diet. She, reportedly, admits that having healthy food at home makes it easier to munch on them rather than the wrong ones. Hence, she generally stocks her cupboard with yogurt, cheese crackers, raw almond, and fruits. She admits that she indulges in occasional fast food to keep away the cravings.
Martina McBride Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Season – Fall
- Food – Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roast beef, fried chicken
- Occasional Indulgence – Cheeseburger and fries
- Martina McBride Song – The Broken Wing
- Wine – Red
- Holiday – Christmas
- Hobbies – Going to movies, Cooking, Reading, Doing Chores
Source – Taste of Country, MartinaMcBride.com
Martina McBride Facts
- She had sung the US national anthem for the NBA All-Star Game in the year 2003.
- She had struggled before becoming famous in country music. She had also sold T-shirts for Garth Brook on his tours.
- The singer was also employed at the Dairy Queen in 1984. She used to work during the day and played in her own rock band called ‘Penetrators’ at night.
- McBride has been associated with various charity works especially for the cause of domestic violence. She has worked as the spokeswoman for the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the National Network to End Domestic Violence. She has also been the national spokeswoman for the Tulsa Domestic Violence and Intervention Services.
- She has prioritized educating girls and women on domestic violence and once said, “A lot of teenage girls will be first dating and they’ll think, ‘Oh he doesn’t want me to see my friends. He just wants me all to himself. Isn’t that sweet?’ Or ‘Oh, he’s just being protective. Isn’t that sweet?’ And then it turns into something else and it’s controlling. They don’t recognize that until it’s too late. So it’s an ongoing education that you have to give young girls, I think.”
- She has been nominated for the prestigious Grammy Award 14 times until 2015.
- She has been friends with Loretta Lynn, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, and Reba McEntire.