|Don Lemon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1966|
Don Lemon is an American journalist who works for CNN and is well known for being the host of CNN Tonight. He began his journalism career as a reporter for KTVI St. Louis, an anchor for WBRC in Birmingham, Alabama, and for WCAU in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is very well known for being outspoken. He reported for NBC News in New York City and worked on NBC Nightly News, Weekend Today, MSNBC, and Today. In the year 2003, Don Lemon started working at WMAQ-TV, a station owned by NBC. On the station, he was a reporter and also a news anchor.
Don Lenon started working for CNN in 2006. He is well known for being a strong critic of the cable news and network. He has caused a lot of controversy with the way he voices his opinions. Don is usually straight forward about whatever he has to say and does not change his stand on things. He has given some opinions on how the African-American community can be better which has led to so much controversy. Don Lemon has won an Emmy Award for the special report he gave on the real estate market in Chicago. He has also received other awards including the Edward R. Murrow Award.
Don Carlton Lemon
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Don Lemon attended Baker High School in Baker, Louisiana, United States. He then majored in broadcast journalism at Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, New York. He later attended Louisiana State University in Louisiana, United States.
- Mother – Katherine Clark
- Siblings – Leisa Lemon (Older Sister), Yma Lemon (Older Sister), L’Tanya Lemon Grimes (Sister) (Deceased)
- Others – Frank Bouligney (Maternal Grandfather), Mary H. (Maternal Grandmother)
Don Lemon is managed by SMG College Booking Agency (Booking Agency), Pennsylvania, United States. He is employed by CNN.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Don Lemon has dated –
- Tim Malone (2017-Present) – Don Lemon met Tim in New York and they started dating in 2017. He got engaged to Tim Malone in April 2019, 2 years after they began dating. Tim Malone was the one who proposed after both of them celebrated his 35th birthday with friends. Don Lemon accepted the proposal and posted it on his Instagram page.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of African-American and some Cajun/French descent.
- Wide smile
- Large ears
Best Known For
- Hosting CNN Tonight
- Winning an Emmy Award for a special report on the real estate market in Chicago
As a Journalist
Don Lemon began his career as a weekend anchor for WBRC in Birmingham, Alabama, and WCAU in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as well as an anchor and investigative reporter for KTVI St. Louis.
Don Lemon made his first theatrical film appearance as Reporter #4 in the movie The Big Brass Ring in 1999.
First TV Show
Don Lemon made his first TV show appearance on CNN Newsroom in 2007.
Don Lemon Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Don Lemon Facts
- He has caused a lot of controversies with his statements that over 30,000 people signed a petition for him to be fired from CNN in the year 2015 due to a statement that he made about the way the police behaves.
- In 2018, Don Lemon made a comment about Kanye West‘s appearance with President Donald Trump at the White House. He called it very embarrassing and a minstrel show.
- In 2014, Columbia Journalism Review named Don Lemon as one of the worst journalists of the year due to some comments that he made about a Bill Cosby‘s rape victim.
- He has won an Emmy award for his report on Hurricane Katrina. Also, the AIDS epidemic in Africa report that he gave won him 3 local Emmy awards.
- In October 2018, Lemon stated that white men are the biggest terror and threat in America because there’s a ban on almost every other race except the white men.
- In 2009, Don Lemon was voted by Ebony magazine as one of the 150 most influential African-Americans.
- He was working as a news assistant in WNYW in New York City while he was in college.
- Don is openly gay. He came out in 2011 in his biography, Transparent.
- Don Lemon was a victim of child abuse when he was 8 years old. He didn’t reveal anything about the incident to his mother until he was 30 years old.
- Don talked about his s*xual abuse and colorism in the black community in the memoir that he wrote.
- He kissed his boyfriend, Tim Malone on a live show in front of his co-anchor, Brooke Baldwin. They announced their engagement in April 2019.
- Don Lemon loves listening to music, and he travels a lot.
- He openly speaks about his dislike for the American President, Donald Trump, sometimes stating that he is fed up of the President’s lies.
- His sister, L’Tanya Lemon Grimes, died of accidental drowning in January 2018, at the age of 58 when she was fishing in a pond. Don Lemon took a week-long break, after which he returned to thank everyone who supported him during the period.
- Don Lemon is on the board of trustees at Brooklyn College. Since he is well known and very successful, he has taken the opportunity to give back to the college where he learned, and now serves on the board.
- Follow Don Lemon on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by JD Lasica / Flickr / CC BY-2.0