|Nancy Grace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1959|
Nancy Grace is an American legal commentator and TV journalist who is best known for her hosting of the nightly celebrity news and current affairs TV show titled Nancy Grace (2005 to 2016). She is highly regarded, and sometimes criticized, for her outspoken description of issues from a victims’ rights standpoint. She has co-authored the book Objection!: How High-Priced Defense Attorneys, Celebrity Defendants, and a 24/7 Media Have Hijacked Our Criminal Justice System (2005).
Nancy Ann Grace
Amazin’ Grace, Nancy Disgrace
Macon, Macon-Bibb County, Georgia, United States
She splits her time between New York City, New York, United States, and Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Nancy had graduated, in 1977, from the Windsor Academy, a private Christian school in Bibb County, Georgia. She had then studied at the Valdosta State University, a public university in Valdosta, Georgia, but had later taken a transfer to Mercer University, in her hometown of Macon, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree from there.
After enduring a personal tragedy, she had pursued legal studies and had attained her Juris Doctor degree from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. She then completed a Master of Laws degree, in constitutional and criminal law, from New York University.
Legal Commentator, TV Journalist
- Father – Mac Grace (Former Freight Agent, Former Sunday School Teacher)
- Mother – Elizabeth Grace (Former Factory Worker)
- Siblings – Ginny Grace (Older Sister), Mac Jr. Grace (Older Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nancy has dated –
- Keith Griffin – Nancy’s fiancé Keith Griffin was murdered when she was 19 years old after which she had decided to enroll in law school.
- David Linch (2007-Present) – After Keith’s untimely demise, Nancy had given up on marriage. However, in April 2007, nearly 3 decades after the incident, she and David Linch, an investment banker, whom she had known since her days at Mercer University, had made a spur-of-the-moment decision to get married. They had decided about marriage on Tuesday and by Saturday, they were married. They have 2 children together – twins named Lucy Elizabeth Linch and John David Linch (b. November 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Nancy Grace’s Favorite Things
- Color – Dark blue of the sky just before nightfall
- Singers – Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin, and Patsy Cline
- Book – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Source – Us Magazine
Nancy Grace’s Facts
- While she was a student, Nancy had planned to become an English professor after graduating from college, as she was an ardent follower of Shakespearean literature. However, after her fiancé’s murder, when she was 19 years old, she had changed her academic inclination towards legal studies (a crime fighter).
- After graduating from New York University, she had worked as a clerk for a federal court judge and then as a prosecutor in a local district attorney’s office in Atlanta, Georgia.
- She had also practiced antitrust and consumer protection law with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Owing to her experiences in the legal field, she later taught litigation at the Georgia State University College of Law.
- At her alma mater, Mercer University, she had served as a member of the board of trustees.
- The character of Ellen Abbot, portrayed by Missi Pyle, in the 2014 psychological thriller film Gone Girl, was based on Nancy.
- Nancy loves hiking, fishing, and camping with her family members.
- 5 times a week, she makes dinner for her family by going through the recipes, her viewers send her.
- Nancy has also worked as a hike master where she taught tree identification at a National 4-H Center.
- Nancy has a habit of reading The Economist, the Daily Mail, and the New York Post.
- She loves scuba diving.
- She was raised on a red dirt road.
- Nancy’s first car was a blue Toyota Corolla.
- She doesn’t believe in the zodiac but in ghosts.
- Nancy has a rescue dog named Fat Boy, a rescue cat named Cinnamon, and 2 rescue guinea pigs named Abby and Chloe.
- Her first cat was named Coco which was a black stray cat.
- Her first dogs were named Trouble and Scraps.
- In 2011, she had appeared in the 13th season of Dancing With the Stars where she was partnered with pro-dancer Tristan MacManus.
- Nancy was the captain of her high school cheerleading team.
- In high school, she had won a swing dance championship.
- Nancy doesn’t like much makeup but wears MAC’s Fresh Moroccan lipstick.
- She has a signed copy of the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee which is also her prized possession.
Featured Image by Nancy Grace / Instagram