|Nikki Haley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1972|
|Spouse||Michael Haley |
Nikki Haley is a Republican who formerly served as a UN Ambassador and 116th governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017. She was then appointed as the 29th United States Ambassador to the United Nations by President Donald Trump from January 2017 to December 2018.
Nimarata Nikki Randhawa
Bamberg, South Carolina, United States
Kiawah Island, South Carolina, United States
Nikki completed her studies at Orangeburg Preparatory Schools. She then went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Clemson University.
- Father – Ajit Singh Randhawa (Former Professor at Punjab Agricultural University)
- Mother – Raj Kaur Randhawa (Earned a Law Degree from the University of Delhi)
- Siblings – Simran (Sister), Mitti (Brother) (Retired as a member of the United States Army Chemical Corps having served in Desert Storm), Charan (Brother) (Web Designer)
- Others – Carole Haley (Mother-In-Law), Bill Haley (Father-In-Law)
Nikki Haley’s net worth was ‘$2 Million’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nikki has dated –
- Michael Haley (1996-Present) – Nikki tied the knot with commissioned officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard Michael Haley in September 1996, in both Sikh and Methodist ceremonies. Together, the couple has 2 children – Rena Haley (b. 1998) and Nalin Haley (b. September 6, 2001). Michael and Nikki both attended the United Methodist Church.
Race / Ethnicity
Nikki is of Punjabi-Indian descent.
- Straight eyebrows
- Thin lips
Nikki Haley Facts
- She was born at Bamberg County Hospital in Bamberg, South Carolina.
- Her family emigrated to the United States from Amritsar District, Punjab, India in 1969.
- Nikki’s sister Simran was born in Canada and became a radio host and Fashion Institute of Technology alumna.
- In 1997, Nikki converted to Christianity.
- Her mother started a clothing boutique, Exotica International in 1976 which eventually shut down in 2008.
- She began helping with the bookkeeping in her mother’s ladies’ clothing shop, Exotica International at the age of 12.
- Shortly after graduating from college, Nikki started working for FCR Corporation, a waste management and recycling company.
- She was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce in 1998 and later to the Lexington Chamber of Commerce in 2003. The same year, Nikki was announced as the treasurer for the National Association of Women Business Owners.
- Her political stint began in 2004, with her running for the South Carolina House of Representatives for District 87 in Lexington County.
- During a speech at the Christians United for Israel’s Washington summit in July 2022, Haley stated that she would be running for president in the 2024 U.S. presidential election. This would make her the third Indian-American to do so.
- Nikki has a pet dog named Rio.
- She attends Sikh ceremonies once or twice a year.
- Nikki published her first book titled Can’t Is Not an Option: My American Story, Sentinel, New York in 2012. She has since gone on to publish several other books including With All Due Respect: Defending America with Grit and Grace, St. Martin’s Press, New York (2019), A Better Blueprint for International Organizations: Advancing American Interests on the Global Stage, Foundation for Defense of Democracies (2021), and If You Want Something Done: Leadership Lessons from Bold Women, St. Martin’s Press, New York (2022).
- In February 2023, Nikki revealed that the U.S. government, if she would be chosen to be the next President, would stop funding their enemies or anti-American countries and causes.
Featured Image By United States Department of State / United States Mission to the United States / Public Domain