|Amy Jo Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1970|
Amy Jo Johnson is an American actress, singer, songwriter, musician, and director best known for her portrayal of the Pink Ranger in the famous American live-action superhero children’s television series called Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Amy Jo Johnson
Hyannis, Massachusetts, United States
Amy went to the Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School. She later attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute and the American Musical and Dramatic Academy.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Director
- Father – Greig Johnson, Sr.
- Mother – Christine Johnson
- Siblings – Grieg Johnson Jr. (Older Brother) (Car Salesman), Julie Johnson Clary (Older Sister)
- Others – Greig Adams Johnson (Paternal Grandfather), Marilyn Twite (Paternal Grandmother), Fernando Gonsalves (Maternal Grandfather), Anita Alice Benoit (Maternal Grandmother)
Amy is represented by –
- Fred Hernandez of Primetime Appearances (Booking Agent)
- Glenn Cockburn of Meridian Artists (Literary Agent)
- Tovah Small of Meridian Artists (Talent Agent)
Pop, Rock, Alternative Folk
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Sneaky Alligator Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Jo Johnson has dated –
- Chris Jaymes (2003-2005) – Amy was romantically linked with actor Chris Jaymes and the couple started dating in 2003. They soon parted ways in 2005.
- Olivier Giner (2007-Present) – Amy started dating Oliver in 2007. She gave birth to their first child together, a daughter named Francesca Christine Giner on December 1, 2008. After dating for almost 2 years, the couple tied the knot in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
She has a bit of Portuguese ancestry on her mother’s side. She also has English and some amount of French-Canadian ancestry.
Beautiful facial structure
She has appeared in a holiday GAP commercial and DreamTV GAP commercial (2001).
Best Known For
Playing the Pink Ranger in the famous American live-action superhero children’s television series called Mighty Morphin Power Rangers from 1993 to 1995
Amy released her first album The Trans-American Treatment in January 2001.
Amy made her theatrical film debut in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie as Kimberly Hart / The Pink Ranger in 1995.
First TV Show
Amy made her first TV show appearance in The More You Know as herself 1989.
Amy Jo Johnson Favorite Things
- Hobby – Music, Painting, Writing
- Movies – Cinema Paradiso (1988), Cafe de Flore (2011), The Squid and the Whale (2005), Captain Fantastic (2016)
- Director – Jean-Marc Vallee
- TV Show – Six Feet Under
- TV Shows Of Her Own – Felicity, Flashpoint
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookie Dough
Source – IMDb, OttawaLife.com
Amy Jo Johnson Facts
- Amy’s mother suffered from uterine cancer for almost 10 months before passing away.
- When she was offered to play Julie Emrick on Felicity, she considered turning it down as she wanted to be with her mother in her last days.
- After being part of Felicity for 2 years, she left the show and in an interview, she stated that the main reason for quitting was because she wanted to grieve for her mother which she was unable to do because of the show.
- As a child, she studied gymnastics and even chipped a bone in one of her elbows.
- She has dual citizenship as she is already a citizen of the United States and on June 23, 2015, she became a legal citizen of Canada as well.
- At the age of 18, she moved to New York to follow her dream of acting.
- After attending theatres in New York, she moved to Los Angeles in order to give an audition.
- In less than a month after moving to Los Angeles, Amy got her first big chance when she was cast as Kimberly Hart, the Pink Ranger, in the first installment of the Power Rangers franchise ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’.
- In an interview, she described her struggles while playing the Pink Ranger as she caught fire once while shooting and was also a victim of electrocution once.
- Even though Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was a huge commercial success, the cast was paid poorly and Amy got paid $600 per week for her job.
- Amy decided to quit the show Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in 1995.
- As of 2018, She had released 3 studio albums including The Trans-American Treatment (2001), Imperfect (2005), and Never Broken (2013).
- Amy is often confused with actress Jennifer Garner by the fans due to their striking resemblance and she has claimed that she has signed autographs as Jennifer Garner at a few occasions.
- Amy is left-handed.
- The middle name of her daughter is a tribute to her mother.
- Visit her official website @ amyjojohnson.com.
Featured Image by Super Festivals / Flickr / CC BY-2.0