|Amy Manson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1985|
Amy Manson is a Scottish actress best known for her portrayal of characters like Merida in season 5 of Once Upon a Time, Abby Evans in the shown Casualty, and Daisy Hannigan-Spiteri in Being Human. Her younger days were spent playing netball but she chose acting over a sports career.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
While she was in Scotland, she attended a Saturday drama school called Stage Coach. After moving to London, she attended Central School of Speech and Drama.
- Siblings – Ailsa Manson (Sister), James Manson (Brother)
Amy is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy has dated –
- Ben Turner (2008-2011) – Amy and Ben met for the first time on the sets of the television series Casualty in 2008 and the couple started dating. The couple broke up in 2011. As per an interview in 2011, Amy stated that the reason behind their split was the separation that the work caused. Her work caused her to be away from home for months and so the disturbances started crawling into their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Amy is of Scottish descent.
- Curly hair
- Arc-shaped eyebrows
Best Known For
Portraying the character of Merida in the 5th season of the ABC fairytale drama series, Once Upon a Time
Amy made her theatrical film debut as Darsie in Not Another Happy Ending in 2013.
First TV Show
Amy made her first TV show appearance in The Bill as Martine McKenzie in 2006.
Amy is a workout freak. In an interview in 2016, she explained that she is mad about exercising since she was a teenager. She usually did Barry’s Bootcamp, which according to her, was a brilliant cardio and good for body strength. She also stated that whenever she is in Scotland, she likes to go on cycle rides in the countryside.
As per a post on her Instagram in April 2018, Amy also does punch training.
Amy Manson Favorite Things
- Storybrooke Character – Lana
Source – Pop Sugar
Amy Manson Facts
- In her teenage years, she played netball at the regional level and thought of making a career in the game. She later inclined towards acting and left netball to make a career as an actress.
- She almost got through the casting for the role of Diana in the CW Wonder Woman series Amazon, but the plan got canceled by the network and producers.
- In 2008 Critics’ Awards for Theatre in Scotland, she won the “Best Performance” award for her portrayal of the stepdaughter in Six Characters in Search of an Author.
Featured Image by Amy Manson / Instagram