|Ananya Nagalla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1996|
Ananya Nagalla is an Indian actress who burst into the spotlight after playing the role of Shanti in the film Shaadi (2017), her performance fetching her a nomination for the “Best Actress” at the SIIMA Awards. She solidified her fame by portraying the part of Padma in the Telugu-language biographical movie Mallesham (2019). Ananya has appeared in several other films including the Telugu-language legal drama Vakeel Saab (2021), in which she essayed the character of Divya Nayak, the film as of April 2021 having become the highest-grossing Telugu movie of 2021 as well as the second-highest-grossing Indian movie of 2021.
Nagalla Ananya Chowdary
Sattupalli, Khammam district, Telangana, India
She did her schooling in Sattupalli and attended Raja Mahendra College of Engineering in Ibrahimpatnam, Telangana, having graduated from there. She had also enrolled in an acting institute in Manikonda.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp nose
- Expressive eyes
- Tattoo on her left hand
- Cheerful smile
Ananya Nagalla Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Reading, Watching films, Dancing, Singing, Traveling
Source – Telugu Stop
Ananya Nagalla Facts
- She was raised in Sattupalli in the Khammam district of Telangana.
- Soon after her graduation, Ananya had got a software job at Infosys and it was while working there that she had acted in an in-house short movie. Her interest in acting had begun to grow and after the attention that she got for the short film, she took it seriously and joined the acting institute in Manikonda.
- Ananya has disclosed that her family initially had not approved of her switching careers but at the same time had never discouraged her and had actually waited and watched to see how she progressed. Once Mallesham released, everyone was thrilled to see her performance and was proud of her.
- She has recalled that film director Raj Rachakonda had visited the acting institute in Manikonda to take help from her trainer to find the right talent for his film Mallesham. She had displayed her talent to him by enacting some parts from hit films and he had not been impressed. Instead of getting discouraged, Ananya became even more determined, took leave from her office for a month, started wearing saris, and practiced dialogue delivery. She has admitted that she had found it difficult to get the Telangana dialect right but she had taken it as a challenge and had continued auditioning frequently. Ananya’s trainer was a casting director for the movie and after some screen tests, he had seen a great improvement and roped her in, also having become convinced of her dedication as she had learned the slang words and would read the script 30 to 40 times.
- Ananya has disclosed that during the filming of Vakeel Saab, she had at first been scared to talk to her co-star Prakash Raj. However, he had understood that she was nervous and had quickly made her comfortable by initiating small talk with her. Ananya has added that it was a lot of fun working with her other fellow actor Anjali as well, due to her jovial nature, and Anjali along with Prakash Raj used to be extremely funny on the set, always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh.
Featured Image by Ananya Nagalla / Instagram