|Anastacia Newkirk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1968|
Anastacia Newkirk is an American singer, songwriter, producer, former dancer, fashion designer, mentor, and philanthropist who has released a number of albums and tracks like Not That Kind, Heavy Rotation, Freak of Nature, Anastacia, Pieces of a Dream, It’s a Man’s World, Evolution, Resurrection, and others.
Anastacia Lyn Newkirk
Chicago, Illinois, United States
After residing in Los Angeles, California, she moved to Florida in 2018.
Anastacia graduated from the Professional Children’s School in Manhattan.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Former Dancer, Fashion Designer, Philanthropist, Mentor
- Father – Robert Newkirk (Club-singer)
- Mother – Diane Hurley (Actress on Broadway)
Anastacia is signed with Logan Media Entertainment (Music Artists Management Company).
- Epic / Daylight
- Sony Music Entertainment
Pop, Pop Rock, Soul, Dance, Blue-Eyed Soul, R&B, Funk
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anastacia has dated –
- A. J. McLean – RUMOR
- Shawn Woods (1994–2001) – Anastacia was in a relationship with actor Shawn Woods in the period from 1994 to 2001.
- Charles Ingram (2002) – Anastacia was in a short-lived relationship with actor Charles Ingram in 2002.
- Nick Carter (2002) – RUMOR
- Franklin Santana (2004) – In 2004, Anastacia started dating the Venezuelan model, Franklin Santana. Their relationship didn’t last long, and they separated the same year, after dating for a couple of months.
- Patrice Bouedibela (2004–2005) – Anastacia spent some time dating with German TV presenter, Patrice Bouedibela from 2004 to 2005.
- Wayne Newton (2005–2010) – In 2005, Anastacia commenced dating her bodyguard, Wayne Newton. After two years of being in a relationship, the couple got married on April 21, 2007. However, their marriage lasted only 3 years and they decided to fill their divorce papers in April 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Anastacia has German, Ukrainian, and Irish ancestry.
- Strong mezzo voice
- Purple shades
- Trademark glasses
- Tattoos on her back
36-28-35 in or 91.5-71-89 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 3 (UK) or 36 (EU)
Anastacia has appeared in a TV commercial for Dr. Pepper (2003), Honda Auto, Skoda Auto (2012), Twix, and many others.
She also appeared in a print ad for the Coalition of Cancer Cooperative Groups in 2006.
Best Known For
Anastacia is known as one of the biggest music artists in the New Millennium.
She is further known for her powerful voice, her success in areas like Europe, Oceania, Asia, and South Africa, and for selling 40 million records worldwide. She is the first woman to be called a “white woman with a black voice.”
Her numerous music hits including Everything Burns, Left Outside Alone, Heavy on My Heart and Sick and Tired made her a role model.
Anastacia’s first album was released on 15 June back in 2000 by the name Not That Kind.
The album was recorded in Epic, and Daylight Records, consisting of a total length of 50 minutes and 13 seconds.
Not That Kind contains 12 tracks including the songs I’m Outta Love, Cowboys & Kisses, and Made for Lovin’ You.
It reached the #1 position in music charts in the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Anastacia debuted in the movie All You Can Dream (2012) for her role as Anastacia.
First TV Show
In 1998, she participated in the music TV series The Cut as a contestant.
After that, she made several appearances in many television shows.
Anastacia also appeared in the comedy-drama Ally McBeal in 2001. She played as herself and showed up in two episodes (The Getaway and Queen Bee).
Anastacia is not exercising, but she definitely looks upon her diet.
The singer has often pointed towards the importance of eating healthy and avoiding foods that are high in fat.
That’s why, she is still in great shape, despite she is getting older.
The curves are still there and she doesn’t look like she is in her early fifties at all.
We know how important it is for every woman to consume the needed vitamins and minerals for her body and by eating lots of veggies and fruits, Anastacia is definitely getting all of them.
Below, we present you a sample diet plan very similar to the one, Anastacia is following.
- 4 cups fresh fruit and green veggies
- 2 cups of water
- 2 scrambled eggs
- Raw nuts
- 2 apples
- 1 canned tuna
- Veggie salad (Broccoli, cereals, tomatoes)
- Green beans
- Grilled chicken
- Tossed Salad with olive oil
- 2 slice whole-wheat toast
- 1 cup green tea
Anastacia Newkirk Facts
- When she was still a teenager, Anastacia’s father left the family and she and her family relocated to live in New York City.
- She started her professional career as a dancer (dancer for hire) and appeared in two videos for the hip hop trio, Salt-n-Pepa. She was active as a professional dancer from 1983–1992.
- On November 23, 2001, she released her 2nd studio album, Freak of Nature, via Epic Records and Daylight Records. The album topped many weekly charts including Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders), Dutch Albums (Album Top 100), German Albums (Offizielle Top 100), and Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade). Also, it was certified ‘5× Platinum’ by Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland) and ‘3× Platinum’ by Germany (BVMI) as well as the United Kingdom (BPI).
- Before she became a leading vocalist, she worked as a backing vocalist.
- Anastacia is a huge charity supporter. Through the years, she supported numerous charity events including Life Ball 2006 (AIDS charity event), Challenge for Children, Make a Difference, and 46664 (organized by Nelson Mandela).
- After Anastacia was diagnosed with cancer, she and Estee Lauder created the foundation “The Anastacia Fund.”
- In 2002, she joined Celine Dion, Shakira, Cher, Dixie Chicks, and Stevie Nicks for VH1 Divas Live.
- Due to a back strain in 2003, Anastacia went through a breast reduction surgery.
- Despite Anastacia went through a laser surgery for her eyes, she often can be seen wearing her glasses.
- Anastacia achieved the Humanitarian Award in 2013 at the GQ’s Men of the Year Awards.
- Anastacia’s father suffered from bipolar disorder.
- At the age of 13, Anastacia was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. She has also dealt with breast cancer two times, once at the age of 34 and then, at the age of 44.
- Anastacia also suffered from supraventricular tachycardia.
- Anastacia has a couple of tattoos on her back.
- She once said, “I’m a fighter by nature and nothing will ever change that.”.