|Andrea Riseborough Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1981|
Andrea Louise Riseborough
Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Andrea Riseborough got her school level education from Newcastle upon Tyne Church High School in Jesmond. However, despite being a bright student, she didn’t complete her high school education as she wasn’t interested in academics.
To hone her acting and drama skills, she applied for Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and got admission at the age of 20. She graduated from RADA in 2005.
- Father – George Riseborough (Car Dealer)
- Mother – Isabel Johnson (Secretary)
- Siblings – Laura Riseborough (Sister) (Actress)
Andrea Riseborough is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea Riseborough has dated –
- Joe Appel (2009-2016) – Andrea Riseborough met Idaho artist Joe Appel at the premiere of a Woody Allen movie in Los Angeles in 2009 and immediately exchanged numbers. However, after talking for around 36 hours in total, she lost her mobile. In order to find Joe, she even created a Facebook profile but failed to find him. She eventually found her cell phone and again got in touch with him. The actress even moved to Los Angeles to be with her American sweetheart. They lived together in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles. Sadly, the things didn’t work out and they opted to go separate ways in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Porcelain complexion
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Best Known For
- Starring in the Academy award-winning movie, Birdman (2014).
- Getting BAFTA nomination for her work in the TV film The Long Walk to Finchley (2008).
Her first film appearance was in the 2006 comedy-drama movie Venus for her role as a waitress.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut with her role in Doc Martin as Samantha in 1 episode in 2005.
Andrea Riseborough underwent weight loss to prepare for the role of Wallis Simpson (former socialite) in W.E. (2011). To look slender like Wallis who used to eat very less due to stomach ulcers, Andrea significantly dropped her daily calorie intake. However, she didn’t follow any set workout plan and opted to keep her weight loss down to diet restriction.
Andrea Riseborough Favorite Things
- Jewelry – Rings
- Movie – Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
- Book – A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
- Clothing Items – Black felt fedora and faux snakeskin cowboy boots
- Building – Guggenheim museum in Venice
- Art Works – Heaven, hell and purgatory panel by Hieronymus Bosch, The Garden of Earthly Delights
- Best Inventions – Printing press, contraceptive pills, pen
- Valuable Possession – A letter given by her dad
- Things in her house – A plastic American eagle-shaped phone and a sign hung over the phone, which reads – Please Ring for Attention.
- Greatest Regret – Not spending enough time with grandad
Andrea Riseborough Facts
- Andrea considers William Shakespeare as her biggest inspiration and has often claimed that it was his plays and dramas that attracted her to acting.
- Her breakthrough work was in 2008 TV movie The Long Walk to Finchley, in which she portrayed the famous English Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- After dropping out of high school, she moved to Newcastle and did a number of miscellaneous jobs such as dance choreographer and working in a Chinese restaurant.
- In 2013, she started a production company called Mother Sucker. The name was inspired by her mother.
- In 2011, the European Film Promotion named her in the list of European films’ Shooting Stars.
- She doesn’t have an account on social media websites. She did create a Facebook account to find her ex-boyfriend Joe Appel but has closed it down since.