|Andy Bell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1964|
Andy Bell is an English singer, songwriter, remixer, DJ, and actor who is best known for being the lead singer as well as one-half of the synth-pop duo called Erasure. The other half of the duo is keyboardist Vince Clarke and together, they have released multiple albums including Wonderland, I Say I Say I Say, The Innocents, Other People’s Songs, Light at the End of the World, and The Violet Flame.
Andrew Ivan Bell
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom
Andy Bell studied at King’s School which a state-funded Church of England secondary school located in Peterborough, England.
Singer, Songwriter, Remixer, DJ, Actor
Andy Bell is represented by Cherry Red Records, Record Label, London, England, United Kingdom.
Synth-Pop, Dance, Electronic
Mute Records Ltd., Sanctuary Records Group Limited, Ministry of Pop
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andy Bell has dated –
- Paul M. Hickey – He was in a long-term relationship with Paul M. Hickey who passed away on April 11, 2012, at the age of 62.
- Stephen Moss (2013-Present) – Andy Bell married his boyfriend Stephen Moss in January 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cheeky smile
- Deep-set eyes
Andy Bell Facts
- He was raised in Dogsthorpe, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
- With Erasure, he released his debut studio album, Wonderland, in 1985 and the original release was ranked at number #13 in Swedish Albums Chart, at number #20 in German Albums Chart, and at number #71 in UK Albums Chart.
- On December 17, 2004, Andy Bell revealed that he has been HIV-positive since 1998 and later said in an interview, “There are definitely HIV-positive people who meet other HIV-positive men, and like still having unprotected sex. I think it must be quite hard for young gay men because there is so much for them now to do — there are so many saunas and stuff like that for them to go to, and it’s so easy to get it.”
- As a solo artist, he released his first studio album, Electric Blue, on October 3, 2005, and it was ranked at number #12 in the U.S. Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
- He has been diagnosed with avascular necrosis and has had both hips replaced. The condition has also kept him from “pogoing around” in more recent performances.
- Andy Bell has also been associated with several charities and organizations and performed on the True Colours Tour 2008.
- Over the years, he has appeared on shows like The Rosie O’Donnell Show, The Big Breakfast, Top of the Pops, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Loose Women, and Popstar to Operastar.
Featured Image by Andrew Hurley / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0