|Andy Jassy Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|January 13, 1968
|Elana Rochelle Caplan
Andy Jassy is an American businessman and the CEO of Amazon Web Services who was announced as the successor of Jeff Bezos as CEO of Amazon in February 2021. Jassy was named “Person of the Year” by The Financial Times in March 2016.
Andrew R. Jassy
Capitol Hill, Seattle, Washington, United States
Andy Jassy studied at Scarsdale High School and then got enrolled at Harvard College, from where he graduated with honors. During his time at the college, he was advertising manager of The Harvard Crimson.
Afterward, he received an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Businessman, CEO of Amazon Web Services, Chairman of Rainier Prep (a charter school in Seattle)
- Father – Everett L. Jassy (Senior partner in the corporate law firm Dewey Ballantine in New York and chairman of the firm’s management committee)
- Mother – Margery Jassy
- Sibling – Kathy Savitt (Sister) (Inventor)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andy Jassy has dated –
- Elana Rochelle Caplan (1997-Present) – He got married to fashion designer Elana Rochelle Caplan in 1997 at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel and the couple has 2 children. Elana has worked for Eddie Bauer and is a graduate of the Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science. Their wedding was officiated by New York Rabbi James Brandt who is a cousin of Elana. Also, their fathers were senior partners in law firm Dewey Ballantine.
Race / Ethnicity
Andy Jassy is of Hungarian descent.
Andy Jassy Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Scarsdale, New York.
- Before doing his MBA, Andy Jassy worked for 5 years after graduation.
- He joined Amazon in the year 1997 along with his other Harvard MBA colleagues and one of his early roles included working as a marketing manager.
- Andy Jassy and Jeff Bezos came up with the idea to create the cloud computing platform, which would be known as Amazon Web Services (AWS), in 2003.
- He has been one of the minority owners of the Seattle Kraken of the National Hockey League.
- It was reported that Jassy had bought a $6.7 million 5,500-square-foot house in Santa Monica, California in October 2020.
- He is a huge fan of sports, music, and films.
- On February 2, 2021, as it was announced that Jeff Bezos would step down as the CEO of Amazon in the 3rd quarter of 2021 and work as the company’s executive chairman, Andy Jassy was set to become his successor.
- In 2021, Andy Jassy received $175,000 as a base salary. Overall, he received $212 million as compensation.
Featured Image by JD Lasica / Flickr / CC BY 2.0