|Ángel Di María Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1988|
Ángel Di María is an Argentine professional footballer who is best known for his career with the Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and the Argentina national team. He plays as a winger or attacking midfielder and is considered to be one of the best wingers in the world. In the past, Ángel has also been a part of a variety of other teams such as Rosario Central, Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Benfica. During the course of his career, he has received numerous honors such as UNFP Ligue 1‘s “Player of the Month”, SJPF‘s “Player of the Month”, and has won several tournaments such as Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue, Trophée des Champions, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League, Supercopa de España, Olympic Gold Medal, FIFA U-20 World Cup, and many more.
Ángel Fabián Di María Hernández
Di Maria, Fideo (“Noodle” in Spanish), Angelito
- Father – Miguel Di Maria
- Mother – Diana Hernandez
- Siblings – Evelyn Di Maria Hernandez (Sister), Vanesa Di Maria Hernandez (Sister)
Ángel is signed with GestiFute.
- Right Winger
- Attacking Midfielder
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2011, Angel Di Maria is married to fellow Argentine Jorgelina (née Cardoso). The couple has one child, daughter Mia (b. April 22, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Di Maria has Italian and Spanish ancestry.
- Ear piercing
Angel has signed a sponsorship contract with the well-known sportswear company Adidas.
Best Known For
Being a very talented winger with extraordinary speed and quickness. He is considered one of the best right-wingers of his generation.
First Football Match
He debuted for Rosario Central on December 14, 2005, in a match against Independiente.
Di Maria had his debut for Real Madrid on August 4, 2010, in a friendly 3-2 victory over Club America. However, he had his official league debut on August 29, 2010, in a 0-0 draw against Mallorca.
Angel played his first official match for the “Red Devils” on August 30, 2014, against Burnley.
Di Maria first performed in an official match for PSG on August 30, 2015, against AS Monaco.
He had his debut appearance for the national team of Argentina in 2008 in a match against Paraguay.
- Speed, Quickness
- Long Shots
- Defensive contribution
Angel Di Maria Facts
- When Di Maria was a kid, he used to remain hyperactive which was the reason he was enrolled in a youth football club at the age of three.
- He joined a local club Rosario Central at the age of 4.
- Angel and his two sisters assisted their parents with the work at the local coal yard.
- Di Maria grew up in a relatively poor family, so when he needed a new pair of boots for training, his parents had a hard time buying him one.
- He is very family-oriented.
- When he was transferred to the Portuguese club Benfica, Angel asked his father to stop working and bought them a house.
- He scored his first professional goal on November 24, 2006, in a 4-2 victory over Quilmes.
- After his good performances at the U-20 World Cup in Canada, Di Maria was wanted by Boca Juniors who made an offer worth 6.5 million dollars.
- In July 2007, Angel moved to Benfica after the Portuguese team paid 6 million euros to Rosario Central in order to get 80% of the rights on the player. A year after in August 2008, Benfica paid 2 million euros more and gained the remaining 20% of the rights on Di Maria.
- In October 2009, Di Maria extended his contract with Benfica which kept him at the club until June 30, 2015, with a buyout clause of 40 million euros.
- On June 28, 2010, Angel signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club Real Madrid for a price of 25 million euros plus 11 million euros in incentives.
- On August 9, 2012, Di Maria penned a new deal with Real Madrid which kept him in the team until 2018.
- On August 26, 2014, Angel joined Manchester United after he signed a five-year contract worth 59.7 million British pounds.
- After his season with Manchester was over, Angel decided to terminate the contract with them. This happened after he missed his team’s flight to the United States on July 25, 2015. On August 2nd, De Maria went through certain medical tests before transferring to Paris Saint-Germain and on August 6, it was reported that he penned a four-year deal with the French team after they bought him for around 44 million British pounds.
- He competed for the Argentinian national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup after he was picked by the national selector Diego Maradona.
- He has an Italian passport.
- Angel’s house in Prestbury, Cheshire was a target of robbery on January 31, 2015.
- Ángel Di María was the player who scored the only goal in the final match of the Copa America 2021 against Brazil and made his side Argentina win the title by 1-0. Argentina had won the title after 28 years.
- In September 2020, it was revealed that Ángel had tested positive for COVID-19.