Jennie Elizabeth McAlpine
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, UK
Television actress, Comedian, and Businesswoman
- Father – Tom McAlpine (Ex-Chairman of Mood Swings Network) (Died in March 2017)
- Mother – Linda (née Garner) McAlpine
- Siblings – Thomas McAlpine (Older Brother)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennie has dated –
- Chris Farr (2005-Present) – Businessman Chris first began dating Jennie in 2005. The couple welcomed their son Albert on November 29, 2014. After more than a decade of being together, the couple finally tied the knot in a private ceremony and she announced the same on her Twitter on January 3, 2017. She wanted their wedding to be an intimate and low key affair. Jennie revealed that there were only 2 guests present including her son.
Race / Ethnicity
Jennie has Scottish and Irish ancestry.
- Her blue eyes
- Jennie’s curly red hair
Jennie has appeared in an advertisement for Freeview to promote its PVR service in 2008.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Fiz Brown in the soap opera Coronation Street broadcast on ITV.
- Participating in the season 17 of the reality television series I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! in 2017.
First TV Show
Jennie made her television show debut in the romantic drama Emmerdale in 1999 as Michelle Morley.
Jennie is a strong advocate of body positivity and believes in loving oneself. She loves being different and standing out.
Jennie believes in moderation and knows the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods. She doesn’t follow any diet as she feels that it gives only temporary results.
Jennie McAlpine Facts
- Jennie opened a tea café Annie’s Restaurant & Tea Shop with her husband Chris Farr in 2012.
- She promoted her café as the world’s first tea room which was breastfeeding friendly.
- Jennie has confessed that she was not popular in school and her grades were not good. She only went to school to perform in plays.
- Her parents separated when she was young; hence she was raised by her father.
- She was just 17 when she auditioned for the role of Fiz Brown in 2001. Initially, she was just hired for 5 episodes but later she was cast full time.
- She has a black pet pug named Elvis and regularly posts pictures of him on Instagram.
- Jennie’s dad Tom McAlpine was the inspirational founder of the Moodswings mental health charity in Manchester.
Featured Image by Jennie McAlpine / Instagram