|Anna Ben Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1995|
Anna Ben is an Indian actress who burst into the spotlight with her debut film Kumbalangi Nights (2019), her stellar performance as the female lead Baby having fetched her critical acclaim and many accolades including the Vanitha Film Awards in 2019 for being the “Best Debutant Actress”. Anna went on to cement her fame by starring in various other Malayalam movies like Kappela (2020). She has also appeared in a number of music videos such as Kande Kande (2018). Ben has amassed more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Anna Ben Nayarambalam
Nayarambalam, Kochi, India
She went to Chinmaya Vidyalaya in Vaduthala. After completing her schooling there, she studied Fashion and Apparel Design at St. Teresa’s College, Kochi.
- Father – Benny P. Nayarambalam (Screenwriter)
- Mother – Fulja
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Moles on her face
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Vilvah Store.
Anna Ben Favorite Things
- Pet – Her rats named Sugumaran aka Sugu and Kurup
Source – Instagram
Anna Ben Facts
- She used to love writing during her school days.
- Anna has pointed out that everyone in her family, along with her father, is artistically inclined, with her sister having a musical side to her and her mother having enjoyed drawing. She has relished drawing too, so much so that it had made her opt for Fashion and Apparel Design as her subject in college, as it would involve a lot of sketching.
- Ben has affirmed that she had found it challenging to work for her 2nd film Helen (2019), which belongs to the survival thriller genre seldom explored in Malayalam cinema. She had picked it as the thought of doing something of that scale had greatly excited her. She has recalled that the filming was done in an actual freezer, and the idea had proved to be far from easy for the actors and technical team. It was already a high-pressure ambiance as there was a deadline to be met and everyone had to focus on wrapping up everything on time. The shooting was done after consulting many medical experts, as there was a heavy risk factor involved and nobody was willing to compromise health. Anna had felt safe as there had been health professionals on set to oversee everything. She has believed that the difficult project had turned out well only because of the incredible team.
- Ben has admitted that regardless of the role she has taken up, she has made it a point to do her homework. She has wanted her characters to be diverse and not repetitive or stereotyped. She has added that she is not a method actor and has always prepared for the character in whatever ways she can.
- Anna has enjoyed watching the films written by her father, with one of her most-loved ones being Kalyana Raman. She has adored the feel-good entertainer and how it has always made everybody roll on the floor with laughter.
Featured Image by Anna Ben / Instagram