|Hansika Motwani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1991|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Hansika Motwani is an Indian actress who began her career starring in TV shows as a child artiste. She broke into the Telugu cinema scene with Desamuduru (2007) which earned her the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut (South)”. Hansika debuted in Tamil films with Mappillai (2011) and continued by starring in numerous blockbusters such as Engeyum Kadhal (2011), Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru (2013), and Manithan (2016). She has also appeared in some high-budget Telugu movies like Kantri (2008) and Maska (2009) and performed in Malayalam, Kannada as well as Hindi films.
Hansika Pradeep Motwani
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She went to the Podar International School in Mumbai and the International Curriculum School in Santacruz, Mumbai. She enrolled in a correspondence course for B.A. in political science from Cambridge University, London.
- Father – Pradeep Motwani (Businessman)
- Mother – Mona Motwani (Dermatologist)
- Siblings – Prashant Motwani (Older Brother)
She has 3 staff people and her mother, managing her career.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Sohael Khaturiya – On November 2, 2022, Hansika announced that she got engaged to Mumbai-based businessman Sohael Khaturiya (also written as Sohail Kathuria) in Paris, France. She married him on December 4, 2022, at Mundota Fort and Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan. In February 2023, Hansika was blamed for breaking-up Sohael’s first marriage who had married for the first time in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Fuller lips
- Arched eyebrows
She has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- Hyundai Santro TV
Hansika Motwani Favorite Things
- Finest Film Of Hers – Power (2014)
- Her Biggest Critic – Her mother
- Most Fascinating, Energetic Place – Coimbatore
- Fan Of – Brad Pitt
- Hobbies – Reading, Collecting books
- Pastime – Partying, Dancing, Listening to music, Painting
- Means To De-Stress – Painting
- Colors – White, Red
- Cuisine – Continental
- Holiday Destinations – England, Africa
- Movies – Those starring Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, Music and Lyrics, Ghost
- Books – The Catcher in the Rye, The Fountainhead
- Passion – Philanthropic activities
- Long-Time Dream – Building a home for needy senior citizens
Hansika Motwani Facts
- She was born into a Sindhi-speaking family in Mumbai.
- Superstar Juhi Chawla was her mother’s client and had spotted Hansika and recommended that she act in films. After that, she got signed for Yahoo with herself and Govinda. However, the movie was shelved.
- She has stated that the experience she had as a child, appearing in numerous TV shows like Aabra Ka Daabra (2003) and Hum Kaun Hai? (2004), taught her that it is a good script and good work that matters ultimately be it in Bollywood or in the South.
- She has loved the everywhere-prevalent idly-dosa combination, which was also her pet name in her childhood. When she was in school, she used to nag and force the canteen boys to give her her daily quota of idly.
- She has revealed that during her teenage years, she used to dread the dance sequences and would attend the shoots all trembling and nervous at the thought of making the other artistes do retakes due to her errors.
- Her parents got divorced in 2004 and she continued to live in Andheri with her mother.
- She has more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
- She has disclosed that people are not aware of the fact that when there is something running in her mind, she begins to smile. If she is angry, she actually smiles and blushes.
- She has sponsored the education of more than 25 underprivileged children and taken the responsibility for the medical needs of more than 10 women afflicted with breast cancer. She has also been the brand ambassador of Chennai Turns Pink, the awareness program for breast cancer.
- When Hansika was 21, people wrongly said that she was given hormonal injections by her mother to grow her up as a woman.
Featured Image by Hansika Motwani / Instagram