|Anika Noni Rose Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anika Noni Rose is an American actress, theatre artist, singer, and voiceover artist who is best known for providing vocals to the character of Tiana in the 2009 animated musical fantasy film, The Princess and the Frog. In addition to that, she has also gained popularity with her roles like Miss Price in Imperial Dreams, Dr. Pauline Whittier in Everything, Everything, Nance in Assassination Nation, Yasmine in For Colored Girls, Grace Makutsi in The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Dr. Eva Fletcher in The Quad, Nut in Magical Girl Friendship Squad: Origins, and Corinne Bennett in Private Practice.
Anika Noni Rose
Bloomfield, Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
Anika Noni Rose attended Florida A&M University and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in theatre. Then, she got enrolled at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, California and studied drama.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Singer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Rose (Corporate Counsel)
- Mother – Claudia
She is represented by David Williams Management, Llc., Artist Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Anika Noni Rose is of African-American descent.
- Short stature
- Charming smile
Anika Noni Rose Facts
- Alongside the likes of Jamie Foxx, Beyoncé Knowles, Eddie Murphy, and Jennifer Hudson, she co-starred as Lorrell Robinson, a good-natured background singer with the Dreams, in the 2006 musical drama film, Dreamgirls. This role got her nominated for the 2007 NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture”.
- While filming the title musical number for Dreamgirls, Anika wore 6 inches heels in order to appear in the frame with co-stars Beyoncé and Jennifer Hudson.
- In 2011, she was named a Disney legend.
- She has provided vocals to the character of Princess Tiana in video games like Kinect Disneyland Adventures and Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure.
- Anika’s theatre credits include having been cast as Rusty in Footloose, Katie Lynn in Insurrection: Holding History, Cookie in Me and Mrs. Jones, Emmie Thibodeaux in Caroline, or Change, Beneatha Younger in A Raisin in the Sun, and Maggie “The Cat” in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
- For her performance in the musical Caroline, or Change, she received the Lucille Lortel Award for “Outstanding Featured Actress”, Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Musical”, and Clarence Derwent Award for “Best Supporting Female”.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY 2.0