|Ankiti Bose Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Year of Birth
Ankiti Bose is an Indian entrepreneur who is best known as the co-founder and former CEO of Zilingo, a technology and e-commerce platform in the fashion industry. The Singapore-headquartered company was founded in 2015 and has operations in countries such as Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Australia, India, and the United States. Zilingo, a play on the word ‘zillion’, had started as a fashion marketplace to bring small merchants from the street markets of Bangkok and Jakarta into the e-commerce fold. These merchants are then supported by the distribution, cataloging, and financing services of Zilingo. The idea for the company came to Ankiti when she was on holiday in Bangkok where she noticed that many small and medium-sized shops had no online presence. The company started with seed funding from Sequoia India, the Indian subsidiary of Sequoia Capital, an American venture capital firm. It raised USD 8 million in Series A funding in September 2016, an additional USD 18 million in 2017 in Series B funding, and USD 54 million in Series C funding in 2018. In 2019, the company raised USD 226 million in a Series D round of funding, resulting in a market value of USD 970 million. By the end of 2019, the platform had more than 7 million active users. In April 2022, Ankiti was suspended as Zilingo‘s CEO after an attempt to raise capital had raised questions about the company’s accounting practices. In May 2022, she was fired from the company.
Ankiti Bose was born in the year 1992.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She splits her time between Singapore, and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Ankiti had attended the Cambridge School in Kandivali, Mumbai. After her high school graduation, she had joined St. Xavier’s College, a private, Catholic, autonomous higher education institution run by the Bombay Province of the Society of Jesus in Fort, Mumbai. She had studied mathematics and economics there.
- Father – Her father has served as an engineer at a state-owned oil company in Mumbai.
- Mother – Her mother used to work as a university lecturer.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Ankiti Bose Facts
- She had started her career in 2012 with a brief stint at an Indian office of McKinsey & Company, an American-based global management consulting firm.
- In 2014, she joined Sequoia India as an investment analyst in Bengaluru, India. She had left the job in 2015 to launch Zilingo. She was only about 23 years old when she co-founded Zilingo.
- Ankiti moved to Singapore in 2016 to develop the software and supply chain solutions for Zilingo. She continued to operate out of that country over the next few years.
- In 2018, she was featured in the ’30 Under 30′ list published by Forbes Asia magazine as well as the ’40 Under 40′ list published by Fortune magazine.
- The following year, she was included in ‘Bloomberg 50′, Bloomberg magazine’s annual list of the 50 people who shaped the business world in that calendar year. The same year, she had been named the ‘Most Innovative CEO of the Year – Singapore’ by Business Worldwide magazine.
- During her stint at Zilingo, she had started a program to train women in Indonesia to create clothing. She was influenced by the fact that nearly 40% of Indonesian women were leaving the workforce after they got married.
- Ankiti has also been involved in multiple programs and initiatives that support and/or mentor female entrepreneurs.
- On June 30, 2022, Ankiti had resigned from the Zilingo board.
- In April 2023, Ankiti filed a defamation lawsuit against investor Mahesh Murthy in which she was looking to get ₹820 crores in damages from him.
Featured Image by Ankiti Bose / Instagram