|Anna Silk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1974|
Anna Silk is a Canadian actress who gained critical acclaim and popularity for playing a superhuman bisexual succubus named Bo Dennis in the supernatural science fiction show, Lost Girl (2010–2015). She has also appeared in various other TV shows and films such as Being Erica, Love You to Death, Breakfast with Scot, and Where the Truth Lies. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Facebook and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Anna Catherine Silk
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anna studied at Fredericton High School. She later got enrolled at St. Thomas University in her hometown and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in 1997.
- Father – Peter Silk (Research Scientist at Centre d’information topographique)
- Mother – Ilkay Silk (Actress, Director, Playwright, Producer, Former administrator & educator at St. Thomas University, co-founder of Theatre New Brunswick’s Young Company and Notable Acts)
- Siblings – Mandy Silk (Sister) (Country Music Singer, Songwriter)
Anna is represented by –
- Global Artists Agency (GAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- A Management Company, Studio City, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna has dated –
- Seth Cooperman (2007–Present) – Anna met fellow actor and writer Seth Cooperman at an actor’s workshop in Los Angeles in 2007. The couple got engaged in 2009 and after 4 months, got married in December 2009. They renewed their vows in a Jewish ceremony at Anna’s hometown at the Fredericton Art Gallery following her conversion to Judaism. Together, the couple has 2 sons named Samuel Jerome Cooperman (b. May 2013) and Levi Aaron Cooperman (b. March 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
She has English, Turkish, and Cypriot ancestry.
- Broad semi-circular forehead
- Slender face with a prominent chin
- Sparse, thin, and arched eyebrows
- She was cast to play a flight attendant in a TV commercial for NicoDerm nicotine patches in 2006 that became so popular that people would often stop her at airports to find out if she was an actual flight attendant.
- Anna was also cast in several Canadian commercials as a child.
- Growing up, Anna was not influenced by or raised with any organized religious values.
- To develop a closer emotional bond with her husband, she converted to Judaism in February 2011.
Best Known For
Playing the lead role of Bo Dennis on the supernatural drama series Lost Girl (2010-2015) that aired on Showcase network
She made her theatrical film debut in an uncredited role of Headset Woman in George Clooney’s directorial debut, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind in 2002.
Anna made her first credited theatrical film debut as the character named Mia in the comedy-drama, Breakfast with Scot in 2007.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in an uncredited role on Daring & Grace: Teen Detectives on December 9, 2000. She made her credited TV show debut on the same TV show on December 30, 2000.
- To play the character of Bo Dennis, Anna was required to wear high heeled boots, tight leggings and flaunt a lot of cleavage. To look good in that outfit, the actress wanted to acquire a strong core and a small waist.
- She worked with a personal trainer 3 times a week to gain overall strength and stamina. She also took a lot of Pilates classes to shrink her mid-section. 6 weeks before the production of season 2 of Lost Girl, Anna took movement classes from a martial artist and fight choreographer 3 to 4 times a week in the morning at Griffith Park to look more convincing in her fight sequences.
- Post pregnancy, she did not put pressure on her body to lose weight immediately and took her time to feel strong from inside out.
- Rather than focus on getting slim, Anna pursues a combination of hiking, running, weight training, and yoga to retain her athleticism.
- The actress is gluten sensitive and consumes only gluten-free, vegan food. She made a conscious decision to go vegan post marriage after coming across and interacting with a lot of people who happily lived on a plant-based diet. Overnight, the actress read a lot of cooking and nutrition books and consciously started preparing healthy vegan meals/snacks that she could grab and head out with.
- Her interest in the science and art of cooking is influenced by one of her grandfathers who used to be a chef and her mother who used to prepare all her meals from scratch when Anna was little.
- Some foods that are always available at her house are pre-made brown rice with vegetables, fruits, chickpeas, kale, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, nuts, and seeds. On most days, Anna’s go-to meal is brown rice or quinoa with chickpeas and veggies. For a snack, she prefers to have a green apple with natural peanut butter/almond butter.
- When in the mood to consume a light meal, Anna likes a chopped salad with different veggies, beans, and pumpkin seeds. Occasionally, she deviates from her vegan lifestyle to eat grilled fish.
Anna Silk Favorite Things
- Snack (While Growing Up) – Eating cup-up fruit
- Guilty Pleasure – Non-dairy ice cream
- The Meal She Likes To Cook For Guests – Gluten-free pasta with homemade fresh pesto sauce, salad, and some wine
- Herb For Cooking – Turmeric
- Cities For Dining Out – Los Angeles, Toronto, New York City
- Objects Of Sentimental Value – Her son’s art, Her Guess watch (she purchased a matching piece with two other hometown friends on Rodeo Drive, Los Angeles)
- Moisturizer – Ayurvedic sesame oil before a shower
- Beverage – Peppermint Tea, Coconut Water
- Herbal Tea Brand – President’s Choice (PC Organics)
- Application – Rehearsal 2
- Make-Up Brand – Koh Gen Do
- Cook Book – Easy Vegetarian One Pot
- Chocolate Type – 85% Cocoa dark chocolate, 99% Cacao
- Hometown Restaurant – Cinnamon Café on King Street, Fredericton
- BB Cream Brand – Dr. Perricone’s No Foundation Foundation
- Bronzer & Blush – Josie Maran, Rimmel
- Mascara – Cover Girl Volumizing mascara in the fat orange tube
- Tinted Balm – Burt’s Bees (Blush Orchid)
- Signature Make-Up Style – Smoky eyes
- Lipstick & Nail Paint Color – Anything from the nude palette (Dislikes bright red lipstick and nail paint on herself)
- Dry Shampoo – Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend
- TV Shows With A Strong Female Lead – Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003), Alias (2001–2006)
- Superpower – Shapeshifting into a Tiger
Anna Silk Facts
- To pursue a career in acting, Anna moved to Toronto in 1999 and relocated to Los Angeles in 2002.
- Other than English, the actress speaks fluent French and understands Spanish.
- Silk loves cats and owns 3 pet Calicoes – she adopted the first one as a kitten from the Humane Society, her 2nd one was a stray she rescued from the street of Chinatown in Toronto, and her husband found their 3rd cat abandoned in a Hollywood parking garage.
- Although Anna claims to be self-secure about aging, she feels extremely joyful to share an incident that at the age of 41, she was stopped by a bouncer outside a bar to check her ID for legal drinking age.
- The actress is an ambassador for Because I am a Girl campaign created by Plan International Canada.
- To find out more about Anna Silk visit her website @ www.annasilk.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Phil Birnbaum / Flickr / CC BY-2.0