|Janine Gutierrez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1988|
Janine Gutierrez is a talented Filipina who multitasks between being an actress, commercial model, spokesperson, TV Host, and social media star. However, the most highlighted of all is her acting career. A few of her most notable appearances were as Lynley Valencia in Makapiling Kang Muli in 2012, Lynette Quintana / Maricel Mangaron in Villa Quintana (2013-2014), Rosa in Dangwa (2015-2016), Grace Evangelista in Legally Blind (2017), Irene Manansala in Sherlock Jr. (2018), and as Scarlet Del Fuego / Celestina Sanchez in Dragon Lady. Besides that, she is also a well-sought to person in the fashion industry for her next to perfect model features and picturesque figure. She has also worked as a commercial model for many brands including Palmolive and Dutch Mill Delight and is also associated with “WWF-Philippines”.
On the other hand, Janine has also marked her place on YouTube with her makeup and skincare routine, fitness, and weekly vlog videos that she uploads to her eponymous channel. With time, Janine has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Facebook, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Janine Marie Elizabeth Olson -De Leon Gutierrez
Quezon City, Philippines
Janine studied at St Paul’s College, Pasig. Later, she attained a degree in European Studies from Ateneo de Manila University.
Actress, Commercial Model, Spokesperson, Social Media Star, TV Host
- Father – Ramon Christopher Gutierrez (Former Matinee Idol)
- Mother – Lotlot de Leon (Actress, Restauranteur)
- Siblings – Diego Gutierrez (Brother), Jessica Gutierrez (Sister), Maxine Gutierrez (Sister), She has one more sibling.
- Others – Pilita Corrales (Paternal Grandmother) (Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Comedian, TV Presenter), José Corrales (Paternal Great Grandfather), María Garrido (Paternal Great Grandmother), Eddie Gutierrez (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, Former Matinee Idol), Antonio Atayde Gutiérrez, Jr. (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary Rufina Herranz Pickett (Paternal Great Grandmother), Antonio María Rogelio Gutiérrez del Campo (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), John Thomas Pickett (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Donald Olson (Maternal Grandfather), Eva Rodriguez (Maternal Grandmother), Ruffa Gutierrez (Aunt) (Model, Beauty Queen, TV Host), Tonton Gutierrez (Uncle) (Actor), Jackie Lou Blanco (Aunt) (Actress, Aerobic Instructor), Christopher De Leon (Grandfather) (Actor, Politician), Matet De Leon (Aunt) (Actress), Ian de Leon (Actor), Nora Aunor (Grandmother) (Recording Artist, Film Producer, Actress), Richard Gutierrez (Uncle) (Actor)
Janine was previously represented by her mother Lotlot de Leon. Later, she signed with Leo V. Dominguez.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janine has dated –
- Elmo Magalona (2014-2016) – Singer and actor Elmo Magalona and Janin started dating one another in 2014. The couple worked out a beautiful relationship between them for 2 years. However, in 2016, their relationship came to an end. On October 20, 2016, Janine told 24 Oras in an interview that, she and Elmo decided to split due to time restraints. She also stated that she wanted to be able to focus on her career itself. On the other hand, many sources have reported actress Janella Salvador to be the reason behind their breakup.
- Rayver Cruz (2017) – According to sources, Janine and actor Rayver Cruz is said to have been dating one another since 2017. However, when he was asked about the rumors being true on Tonight With Boy Abunda in 2017. Even as of 2019, the two had posted many pictures on their Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Filipino ancestry.
- Perfect lips
- Thick eyebrows
- Oval face shape
- Long slender legs
Janine has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Security Bank
- Dutch Mill Delight
As a model, Janine has worked along with various distinguished brands such as
- Louis Vuitton
- Michael Kors
- L’Oreal Paris
Through her social media, Janine has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Dion Lee
- Tommy Hilfiger
Best Known For
- Being featured on the cover of many magazines including Metro, Hiligaynon, Vanity Fair, Rogue, Mega, Style Weekend, and Preview
- Her important portrayal of Lynley Valencia in Makapiling Kang Muli in 2012, Lynette Quintana / Maricel Mangaron in Villa Quintana (2013-2014), Rosa in Dangwa (2015-2016), Grace Evangelista in Legally Blind (2017), Irene Manansala in Sherlock Jr. (2018), and as Scarlet Del Fuego / Celestina Sanchez in Dragon Lady
- Being the daughter of actress Lotlot de Leon, granddaughter of actor, comedian, singer, and songwriter Pilita Corrales, Great Granddaughter of actor Eddie Gutierrez, and niece to model, beauty queen, TV host Ruffa Gutierrez, as well as actor Tonton Gutierrez
- Being titled as one of the best-dressed celebrities during the September 2019, “New York Fashion Week”
- Being praised for her unique style and aesthetic beauty
- Getting nominated for a Golden Screen TV Award in 2013 and Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in 2017
- Being one of the most talked-about celebrities in the year 2019
- Her work as a commercial model for a number of brands including MNC’s like Palmolive
- Working along with the likes of various distinguished stars such as Mark Herras, Alex Navarro, Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes
- Uploading content such as makeup and skincare routine, fitness, and weekly vlog to her self-titled YouTube channel that as of September 2019, had 85.4k subscribers
- Being chosen by the “World Wildlife Fund-Philippines” alongside actor André Alonzo Paras as their first National Youth Ambassadors
She made her debut theatrical film appearance as the younger-self of actress Lotlot De Leon in Buy Now, Die Later in 2015. She worked along with the likes of many noted actors like Vhong Navarro, Alex Gonzaga, John Lapus, Rayver Cruz, and TJ Trinidad.
First TV Show
Janine made her debut theatrical appearance as Joanne Ledesma in My Beloved in 2012. She was cast alongside various stars including Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes.
Janine believes that the most effective way to get the best of your workout is to set goals. In 2019, she was featured in Metro.Style‘s “Metro Body 2019” shoot. So, in order to prepare for her shoot, she started a month ago. Janine started her fitness journey in the gym with cardio exercises such as v-ups, cycling, running and jogging on the treadmill, and alternate leg raises, etc. Along with cardio, she also performed various other strength exercises such as one leg kettlebell raises and assisted pullups. Besides that, she also enjoyed exercising with fitness bands. In an interview, she stated that it felt like it helped her the most to burn the excess fat in hidden areas.
During her fitness routine, she also regularly did Pilates.
Initially, her main focus was only to be able to attain abs within the given 27 days. However, her personal trainer advised her to work out other parts of her body in order to get the best results.
It was only during the 27 days that she had gone to the gym regularly otherwise, she would only go once in 3 to 4 days.
Janine who is vastly known for her slim, well-toned, and conditioned physique went on a break for almost an entire year in 2018. She also revealed in an “Ask Me Anything” video that, she had started working out again in December that year. In the video, she also speaks about maintaining an intake of 1200 calories a day. Janine has also tried out crash diets on more than one occasion in the past, however, she does not recommend it to anyone. Moreover, she strongly believes in just eating healthy and cutting down on junk food. She also suggests that one should indulge in their cravings every once in a while.
Janine Gutierrez Favorite Things
- Thing To Eat – Tuyo
- Makeup Product – Eyelash Curler, Translucent powder from La Mer, Her glossy boy brown eye color, Tom Ford‘s Paradise Lust powder and highlight set, L’Oreal Paris lipstick
- Workout – Pilates
Janine Gutierrez Facts
- She was the first child to be born to former Matinee Idol Ramon Gutierrez and actress Lotlot de Leon, hence, making her the eldest of 4 siblings.
- Janine is not new to the profession and certainly not the first in her family to become an actor. The profession of modeling and acting extends from her great-great-grandparents to her many uncles and aunts. Hence, it comes with no surprise that she is a born actress.
- She was 23 years old when she was cast in the comedy series of Pepito Manaloto in 2012.
- Besides being a successful actress, Janine is also a distinguished model who is recognized for her unique dressing style and picture-perfect model features.
- Janine started living independently since 2015.
- Ever since she was young, Janine was very passionate about the environment and its wildlife. In March 2017, Janin was announced as the first National Youth Ambassadors for the “World Wildlife Fund-Philippines” alongside actor André Alonzo Paras.
- Janine started her self-titled YouTube channel on October 17, 2018.
- During a video that she uploaded to her channel in 2018 titled “My Home Tour,” Janine stated that she had 50 bottles of the spirited drink Fundador Double Light.
- She visited New York for the first time sometime in July 2019.
- In September 2019, her amazing dressing sense and style earned her recognition as one of the best-dressed personalities to be present at the glamorous “New York Fashion Week.” She was also said to be amongst the many models, actors, and designers who were featured in The Independent‘s “Best Street Style” list.
- As of 2019, Janine was signed to one of the Philippines’ leading TV network companies GMA Network, Inc.
- Her uniqueness has made her a favorite muse for many well-known photographers including BJ Pascual.
- In her free time, she can be found by the beach or traveling.
- She has a pomeranian named buggy.
- Janine is a huge fan of the American Netflix show Stranger Things, she even started eating Eggo’s after seeing it in a scene on the show.
- She is an avid classic book reader.
- Janine has a PlayStation that she uses to play games like Diablo, Overcooked, Spiderman.
- She is a wise spender and does not prefer to buy expensive things very often.
- Her dream car as of 2018, was the Mercedes-AMG G65 AMG.
- To stay motivated, Janine prefers to make goals and stay focused.
- In order to cope with stress, she prefers to spend time with her family, dog, and a moment of silence.
- She considers social media star and fitness enthusiast Negin Mirsalehi along with model and actress Kendall and Kylie Jenner and Bella Hadid to be her style guru.
- Visit her official website @ janinegutierrez.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Janine Gutierrez / Instagram