|Antje Traue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.25 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1981|
Antje Traue is a German actress known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Man of Steel, SOKO Koln, Seventh Son, and Despite the Falling Snow. She has done endorsement work for brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, and Yves Saint Laurent. She has received various award nominations for her superior acting skills like the German TV Award nomination under the “Best Actress” category in 2016 for her portrayal of the character of Irma Berger in the TV film Mordkommission Berlin 1.
Mittweida, Bezirk Karl-Marx-Stadt, East Germany
She travels between Los Angeles, California, United States and Berlin, Germany.
In 1997, at the age of 16, Antje left school to concentrate on her acting career. Much later, in 2006, she finally acquired her High School Diploma from Charlotte-Wolff-Kolleg, Berlin, Germany.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Antje Traue is managed by –
- Jeremy Barber, Talent Agent Theatrical, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Kat Gosling, Talent Agent, Troika, London, United Kingdom.
- Ali Benmohamed, Jacob Fenton, and Louise Spinner, Talent Agents, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Anja Joos, Manager, Spielkind, Berlin, Germany.
- United Talent Agency (UTA), Talent Agent Commercial, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Christine Tripicchio, and Lauren Gold, Publicist, Shelter PR, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Geoffry Oblath, Legal Representatives, Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Antje Traue has dated –
- Hannes Wegener (2013) – Antje was rumored to be in a relationship with German actor Hannes Wegener in 2013. They were seen and photographed together at many events. However, this relationship remains to be confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Straight Nose
- Blue eyes
Antje Traue has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Pommery Champagne
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Paule Ka
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Her role as the powerful alien villain Faora-UI in the Superman series Man of Steel (2013). Some of her notable performances include crime series SOKO Koln, fantasy adventure Seventh Son (2014), biographical drama Woman in Gold (2015), and romantic drama Despite the Falling Snow (2016).
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama Kleinruppin Forever as Ramona.
First TV Show
In 2007, she made her first TV show appearance in the crime drama series SOKO Köln as Diana Wrobel.
Growing up, Antje Traue trained in gymnastics, but she was never a fitness conscious person. After securing a role in the Superman movie, Man of Steel, she was put in a series of workout routines aimed to achieve a superhuman body.
She trained under Mark Twight, a Hollywood trainer, for 4 months. As her goal was to build lean muscle, she followed an intense workout routine that included doing split squats with kettlebells, pulling ropes and chains, lifting weights, sit-ups and leg exercises. She was put on a special diet to balance out her muscle building training.
Antje Traue Favorite Things
Her favorite things are unknown.
Antje Traue Facts
- She can speak Russian, German and English.
- Her mother passed away when she was 23 years old.
- In 1997, she was chosen to play the lead role in the Hip Hopera musical “West End Opera” in the International Munich Art Lab production.
- When Antje was not getting any role for several months, she thought of quitting acting and study medicine.
- Visit her official website @ www.antjetraue.com.
- She does not have any social media account.
Featured Image by Martin J. Kraft / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0