|António Félix da Costa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1991|
António Félix da Costa is a Portuguese professional racing driver and TV personality. He is best known for winning the Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix race in 2012 and 2016, the former of which is considered his breakthrough year and race.
António Maria de Mello Breyner Félix da Costa
Cascais, Lisbon, Portugal
Professional Racing Driver, TV Personality
- Siblings – Pedro Félix da Costa (Younger Brother). Francisca Félix da Costa (Sister)
- Others – Duarte Félix da Costa (Older Half-Brother) (Professional Racing Driver)
António Félix da Costa is represented by BrandLooks (Talent Agent) in Cascais, Lisbon, Portugal.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
António Félix da Costa has endorsed brands such as –
- Alpinestars Inc.
- Lucky Design
- Arai Helmets
- DCK Boardshorts
- Equipe HERO Motorsport
- Fludo Swiss Watches
- Red Bull
He also joined a fundraising campaign for Billy Monger, a British professional racing driver who had both of his legs amputated after a collision in 2017.
António Félix da Costa Favorite Things
- Portuguese Surfer – Tiago Pires
Source – Instagram
António Félix da Costa Facts
- Like many others, António started his career with kart racing at the age of 9. However, he was was heavily interested in racing since the age of 7.
- On his 1st karting race, he was afraid of the kart engine because it was very loud and almost started crying. When he finally took off, he enjoyed it so much that he didn’t want to stop when they told him.
- He is a patriot and loves Portugal.
- António was so passionate about racing that he always knew he’d never attend a university after he graduated high school.
- He is very ambitious and hates losing. However, he admitted that the career of a professional racing driver is “about 70% losses and 30% wins, but once you win, it’s worth it.”
- He moved to the newly renamed KF2 category of kart racing in 2007. He became an official factory driver for the Tony Kart team alongside Will Stevens.
- António made his Formula 3 debut driving for Motopark Academy at the 2010 Formula 3 Euro Series. After he won a race at Nürburgring, he became the 1st Portuguese driver to win a race in the series. António was also the 2nd rookie that took 1st place.
- Becoming a 2012 Macau Grand Prix champion was widely recognized as his breakout performance as a racing driver. He was the 1st Portuguese driver to win a Grand Prix since 1954 when Eduardo de Carvalho did the same. António also made his team, Carlin, proud because their last win was in 2001 with Takuma Sato.
- His teammates in the 2012 GP3 Series season driving for Carlin were William Buller and Alex Brundle.
- For the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons in Formula E, he raced alongside Robin Frijns at Andretti Motorsport. In the 2018-2019 season, he partnered with Alexander Sims.
- António started racing for DS Techeetah in Formula E alongside Jean-Eric Vergne in the 2019-2020 season. Jean-Eric was defending the title he won in the previous season.
- His hobbies include swimming, diving, surfing, and skateboarding.
- António has a tradition with 10 of his friends – they established an annual ski trip to the French Alps.
- He has 2 dogs.
- His morning workout routine always starts with hanging leg raises. He also likes to alternate sides to engage his obliques and core further.
- António is skilled at soccer ball juggling. When asked by his fanbase about his prowess, he replied: “I’m not Cristiano Ronaldo, but…”
- He doesn’t have the best body posture. If he doesn’t visit a chiropractor often, the stiffness of the car and sitting for hours hurt his spine and lower back.
Featured Image by Cybervoron / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0