|Ariela Barer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ariela Barer is an American teen favorite actress who plays Gert in the popular show Runaways. Starting at the tender age of 3, Ariela has slowly but steadily proven their skills in acting. They are a talented bassist who does live shows with their bandmates of the indie rock band, The Love-Inns. Ariela has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actress, Singer, Voice Actress
- Siblings – Libe Barer (Older Sister) (Actress and Writer)
Ariela Barer is managed by –
- Innovative Artists Talent & Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Myrna Lieberman Management, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Punk, Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
Vocals, Drums, Guitar, Guitar Bass, Piano, Ukulele
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
They are of Mexican descent.
They often tend to dye their hair ‘dark brown’ or ‘purple’.
In November 2016, Ariela came out as belonging to the LGBT community.
- Short hair
- Beautiful eyes
- Freckled face
Ariela Barer has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Southern California Edison
- Color Me Mine
- Snuggle Up Pillows
Best Known For
Their versatile roles in TV and web series including Marvel’s Runaways as Gertrude “Gert” Yorkes, One Day at a Time (2017) as Carmen, Atypical (2017) as Bailey Bennett, and Keenan’s Crush (2011) as Samantha
As a Singer
As a part of the band The Love-Inns, they have released numerous singles like Summer Leaves and Split Lips.
In 2009, they made their theatrical film debut in the drama film Stellina Blue as Kamand.
First TV Show
In 2008, they made their first TV show appearance in the drama series ER as Jasmine Escalante.
As a voice actor, they made their TV show debut in 2007 as the voice of Super Martian Robot Girl on Yo Gabba Gabba!
Ariela Barer Favorite Things
- Snack – Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
Source – Sweety High
Ariela Barer Facts
- She was raised by Mexican Jewish parents in Los Angeles.
- At the age of 3, they started performing as an aspiring child actress.
- At the age of 4, they were already a part of a children’s theater group doing musicals and by the age of 9, they got their first professional work.
- They have been trained in improv from The Second City and have attended several acting workshops.
- Ariela is a part of the 3 member indie rock band called The Love-Inns. She also used to play piano, guitar, bass, drums, ukulele, and cello while growing up.
- As a teenager, she used to read books like Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke and From Margin To Centre by Bell Hooks.
- In 2020, during quarantine, she wrote an episode of the podcast, Day by Day titled #Anabelleclarkeisoverparty.
- Ariela likes the fashion of the late 80s and 90s.
- They really love their mother’s version of cauliflower pizza.
- Ariela enjoys cycling, ice skating, jumping rope, rollerblading, and snow skiing.
- They have also performed several songs in the web series Runaways.
Featured Image by Ariela Barer / Instagram